Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Canadiens' Koivu battling cancer in abdomen

manny78

Plat Hero
Platinum
quoted from CNN.com:

Koivu was hospitalized for tests Tuesday night after complaining of abdominal pain and vomiting following his arrival from his native Finland on Monday.

An ultrasound exam showed an abnormal buildup of fluid in a chamber of Koivu's abdominal cavity, said team physician Dr. David Mulder. Fluid taken from the area contained malignant cells, he said, and now further biopsies and other testing is taking place to learn more about the illness.

"We found malignant cells. They would basically fall into two broad categories," Mulder said. "One we're looking at would be in the field of lymphomas, which is cancer of the lymph system. The other would be a tumor in any other part of the abdominal cavity.

"We're hoping that this will be a kind of lymphoma. Now the best kind of lymphoma is Hodgkin's, and then the worst kind is almost like an acute leukemia, associated with a high mortality rate. We're hoping he'll have the good kind."

All I can say is terrible....... only 26 yers old. God.
:(

Sucks real bad!!! The guys at the prime of his career. Let's hope it's not leukemia. Knew someone with it and it's not a pretty thing to have.

Even if its Leukemia there's hope. He's good player and also a gentleman. Not a big "Barry Bonds" attitude.....

Here in Montreal, everybody is talking about it. It,s really bad for the guy, but even worst for the team...

Go abs Go!!!!

It's been on the frontpage on every mag here in Finland. I feel really sorry for Saku Koivu and i wish him and his family strenght and hope and some quick ass healing.

Cancer is a bitch...long process to heal. My mom got breast cancer and it wasn't fun to watch....the chemo the radiation..the pills. I hope he has a loving family cause he'll need them now. If he makes a full recovery he'll probably be able to play again. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

to see him back its among the probabilities. Mario Lemieux, John Cullen and Lance Armstrong did it.

That's terrible :(
I'm a huge Habs fan, (actually once worked at the old forum) and classy players are getting hard to come by. He's always been a great example of sportsmanship.

Top Bottom