Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

26% BF and still seeing veins??

drdug27

Alright well my friend is 6'5" 255lbs, in my opinion looks good. Veins in the arms and calves 36" waist. and he has distinction in all his quads, calves traps, tris bis and shoulders. Chest a lttle fatty, stomach not too bad and little love handles.

Well hes freaking out he got a 4 electrode BF tester done and the first day he was 25.2% the second day(he thought they did it wrong or he worked out too much) well now it said 26%.

I personaly thought that he was around 15%, well hes all down(because hes working his ass off and his diet is clean) I told him dont worry about the electronic one lets try to find you a water drop or DEXA scan. Still hes all jammed up and i just told heim he wouldnt have distinction or veins if he was 26%. I know body fat can be everwhere...but come on. any thoughts??

those tests are worthless, they're calibrated for a 160lb guy who 'tones'

carrying excess muscle will throw them totally, I was tested out at over 25% last time I used one of them. At 6'5" with a 36" waist I highly doubt your friend is over 15%

That definitely doesn't sound right. When I did mine the trainer told me not to eat for at least three hours before the test and not to workout before it also. I'm not sure how that effects the test but tells your buddy not to stress over it. It just a number the mirror is the true test.

Bro I get bummed out too just like your friend. Thats why I only go with the only 2 tests that count for me....how my belt fits and how I look in the mirror.

Thanks guys ill show him this post(he just doesnt belive it out of my mouth.) The first time he tested he worked out, 1 gallon of water and food...tested at 25.2% the second day no food or water for 4 hours before and tested at 26% In my opinion he has transformed in the last 6 weeks and is starting to look pretty Fin jacked. So F the test and lets go with the way he looks.

Tweakle said:
those tests are worthless, they're calibrated for a 160lb guy who 'tones'

carrying excess muscle will throw them totally, I was tested out at over 25% last time I used one of them. At 6'5" with a 36" waist I highly doubt your friend is over 15%

Exactly. These devices are not geared toward bodybuilders. I had one tell me I was 28% bf. I took my shirt off and showed the lady my 6 pack.. and ask her where I was keeping that much fat at :)

She laughed and said she knew it was wrong, because it uses a standard calculation based on age,ht & wt... meaning that if you were 6" you were suppose to weigh XX lbs.. anything beyond that is considered fat that needs to be lost.

hrpiii...now thats funny, its funny but when he flexes his stomach he sort of can see an outline of his top labs

Top Bottom