Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

17 days after car wreck, I'm back in th gym!

gorillahung

My swollen and sore arm has healed enough that I was able to get back in the gym. I tried working out a couple days after the crash and my arm hurt so bad that I couldn't even pick up a 10 lb. plate, let alone lift a barbell or dumbell. I was originally planning on just doing legs and abs using machines. Then I realized I could pick up a 45 lb. plate with no pain so I decided to do some dumbell curls. I started with the 15's and worked my way up to 40's. I've lost strength but that should return quickly. My shoulder had been bugging me before the crash so it's been over a month I think since I've done chest and delts. I hate to see how much strength I've lost there but I've got to start training them again. I just really have to be careful of my back. I had a herniated disc before the accident and then I broke a vertebrae in the crash. My eye is healing well. I still have a little bit of a black eye and it's only been 10 days after the surgery to repair the broken eye socket. My poor broken nose is still sore. The docs said there was nothing they could do to help it.

Good to hear. Off time is always a killer. Best of luck with recovery and getting those pumps in[emoji1594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gym buddy told me to crawl back into instead of sprinting. That's probably good advice. I don't want to add another injury.

it is amazing how resilient the body is.

also if your mind is strong and you have strong root

a lot of people get into wrecks and go on pain meds for life.. it is pathetic. they have zero mental strength and have a poor lifestyle

we as athletes can recover so much easier

it is amazing how resilient the body is.

also if your mind is strong and you have strong root

a lot of people get into wrecks and go on pain meds for life.. it is pathetic. they have zero mental strength and have a poor lifestyle

we as athletes can recover so much easier

Yes, I've seen the pain meds escalate out of control a lot in my part of the country. I got through this and only took 50 percocets after they installed a metal plate in my eye socket. I think they did put a small amount of morphine in my IV while I was in the recovery room. But I'm off that stuff and back to being able to lift. Damn, my quads and glutes are sore from leg presses though!

Sometimes an injury and a set back can be the best thing that ever happened to you because it relights that fire and passion.

Look at what happened to Branch Warren. He ripped his quad and everyone was talking about how he was finished. Know what Branch Warren did? He got back in the gym with a vengeance and proved everyone wrong. He got 2nd at the Arnold Classic Ohio that year.

Glad you are healing up brother.

Don't worry too much about the strength. If you continue to progress slowly as you heal that strength will come back in no time. Muscle memory is a very real thing.

Keep pushing hard.

Top Bottom