Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

legs - problems with training

GaryWary

I am 9 weeks in to a standard 500mg per week test cycle.. I am throwing some winny inthere also.. just 15mg or so e.d. Don't tell me that is not enough winny.. the 500mg of test more than makes up for that!

On to the question.

My strength in legs has been dropping off for 3 weeks now.. They always ache. I cannot rep out more than 10 plates (200kg or 440lbs)... from what I understand this is crap and not bodybuilder standard.. so what is going on?

Why can I nopt get my legs stonger? The most plates I got to was 14 plates (280kg)... and even that is not much is it?

I used to squat all the time when I was natural.. with my legs this achey I would be buried by squats now.. they seem to be growing.. they are 25 mid thigh - that is not bad is it? Why can I not shift the big weights with legs (I am strong on shoulders and can match most of the bigger guys at the gym)?

If I ache for days after a workout - my legs must have had a good workout yes? My Kcals are at least 3000 to 4000 and my protein is at least 200 to 250.

MSM?

I guess I should also try and start squatting again - when my aches dissapear... but I have been really concentrating on the leg press... really slow and steady...... like 3 seconds down 3 seconds up...

25" isn't that big for thighs, I do very little leg exercise apart from a few squats and deadlifts and I don't go for big weights with either becayse of knee injury which has plagued me since I was 16. 245lb deep squats for about 8 reps or 355lb deadlifts for 3 reps... my thighs are 24.5".... .5" isn't going to make you that much stronger than me... perhaps you're overtraining your legs if they hurting all the time? Give it time they'll start to get stronger

GaryWary said:
MSM?

I guess I should also try and start squatting again - when my aches dissapear... but I have been really concentrating on the leg press... really slow and steady...... like 3 seconds down 3 seconds up...

You MUST squat it's one of the BEST exercises that exist! :)

I am 6ft1... 25 seems big but small? I just think they should be stronger? Maybe it is because of my 34inch inseam? Long awkward legs that are mechanically bad for leg exercises? Perhaps it is the cycling I do?

GaryWary said:
I am 6ft1... 25 seems big but small? I just think they should be stronger? Maybe it is because of my 34inch inseam? Long awkward legs that are mechanically bad for leg exercises? Perhaps it is the cycling I do?

It might be the cycling I found cycling very sore on my legs after I started doing weights, personally I think it doesn't give the legs a decent chance to heal, but having said that plenty of big guys cycle for cardio!

I'm only a shortarse 5ft8 leg exercises are supposed to be easier for us guys. :)

I say try some good form squats. Due to arthritis I had in one knee, my legs are all out of whack. I force myself to squat even though I hated it. My bad leg is longer and weaker so free squats are tough, but the smith works well and allows me to keep my balance and work legs. at 5'11" my thighs are 28"+

why can O not shift the big weights though? Even when I used to squat (and I will start again as soon as these aches go).. I only got to 140kg for about 6 reps.. is that bad or good? I hear many people say they push twice that..

Can you overtrain on gear?

Your not short and there is also a lot of genetics involved, muslce insertion points etc. You may want to switch from the slow and try more explosive movements for a while and see if that helps you break the barriers.

Top Bottom