Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zinc: strong aromatase inhibitor - MUST READ!!

I remember doing a ton of research prior to my first cycle, and one of the posts I found was by Fonz at it was all about zinc. He raved about it. He said it was an absolute must if your going to use exogenus hormones. Some of the other posts I remember reading mentioned that zinc lozenges were the best way to maintain adequate levels of the supplement in the bloodstream because of poor uptake from pills. My apologies if I misquoted Fonz, but I'm pretty sure he's the one who made the post.

It's worthwhile to do a search on Fonz's posts anyway because they all contain great information.

Here we go again w/ the "cut and paste" expertise.
I am sure I could dig up some papers that I've read in the past that show doses of Zinc picolinate over 150mg/day taken chronically can suppress the immune system, but I won't. Nor will I quote the dermatopathologists who tell me that zinc has minimal effect on 5-AR.
What I WILL tell you is that when I was on no test and took zinc, my E2 levels were fine. When I got on test, 100mg/day of Zinc picolinate seemed to do nothing to keep my E2 levels from inching up.

The toxic dosage can change acording to what kind of zinc supplement is used as well as the individual. Athletes can utilize more zinc than others, but I'd be very weary of high end doses.
I have seen first hand a guy who had the flu and took zinc lozenges, he went hrough the bag in 2 days, by the end of the 2nd day he had to be hospitalized and had to have chelation therapy. He was puking all over the place. If he od'd on lozenges, supplements are easily able to raise to txic levels. My .02
JWGS

so what is just a good amount to take for a healthy well being? I don't believe in over doing anything.

SOLID said:
so what is just a good amount to take for a healthy well being? I don't believe in over doing anything.

15-30mg per day good quality like picolinate. Good for the prostate (please people, it's prostate, not prostrate! Prostrate is when you 're down on the ground, either due to illness or out of respect to a superior :). I don't think the prostate thing is related to 5-AR inhibition, however.

buffdoc said:
Here we go again w/ the "cut and paste" expertise.
I am sure I could dig up some papers that I've read in the past that show doses of Zinc picolinate over 150mg/day taken chronically can suppress the immune system, but I won't. Nor will I quote the dermatopathologists who tell me that zinc has minimal effect on 5-AR.
What I WILL tell you is that when I was on no test and took zinc, my E2 levels were fine. When I got on test, 100mg/day of Zinc picolinate seemed to do nothing to keep my E2 levels from inching up.

This usn´t just cut and paste expertise, it´s based upon the experience of very many german juicers on the anabolic boards, myself and some competitive bodybuilders I know personally. It works great for most who tried it. I have used a lot of test in the past, always had some estrogen related side effects until I started taking 150mg of zinc daily. 500mg of Testex/week gave me no bloat at all, I actually stayed ripped and veiny.
Some long time juicers in my gym are still grateful that I talked them into taking 100mg of zinc along with their test. They were absolutely suprised about the strong effect.

I just thought some studies along with personal experience would make my post more informative.

BTW: I´m not some stupid, half educated "study cut and paster" as you might think. I have a bachelor degree in theoretical medicine, now mastering in pharmacology and microanatomy.

i think..

I think it is safe to say were better off sticking to what has been tested time and time again with minimal or no side effects.

Buffdoc made a good point about what he calls "the cut and paste expertise". Besides BUffdoc has anyone had experience with zinc while on cycle and E levels?

gainerxxl:
This isn't a flame against you. The information you posted is excellent but where is the actual evidence or real life testing?

Last edited:
SOLID said:

30mg is sufficient when off. But as an aromatase inhibitor when on test, only 100mg and above will do the trick. Make sure to use a high quality zinc supplement (I highly recommend Zinc 100+ by KAL, USA).

Re: Too much zinc...

Silent Method said:

The toxic dosage can change acording to what kind of zinc supplement is used as well as the individual. Athletes can utilize more zinc than others, but I'd be very weary of high end doses.

Good post by SilentMethod...
100-150 mg ED is definately a bad idea.

Top Bottom