Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you want to live forever?

Would you want to live forever?

• Yes, absolutely.

Votes: 96 41.7%
  • Yes, but only if I could share eternity with others.

Votes: 45 19.6%
  • Live long, YES. Forever, not so sure...

Votes: 54 23.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
Yep, me too.

If I were going to live to be 1000 years old, then I'd probably host American Bandstand, $25,000 dollar pyramid and other stuff like that. :D

Man, that's a long time when I think about it...I'd be able to have around 10-12 wives...but what would really suck would be if you got sentenced to life without parole! :(

BackDoc said:
I'd be able to have around 10-12 wives...but what would really suck would be if you got sentenced to life without parole! :(

Having 10-12 wives would be seen as some as being sentenced to life without parole :)

Boogar,

So you're saying that in a couple BILLION years we will not find a way to travel via space and inhabit other planets!?! you are talking about BILLIONS of years, just think how far we have come in 20 years, much less to think what we will accomplish in the next million years.

thefameinmyname said:
Boogar,

So you're saying that in a couple BILLION years we will not find a way to travel via space and inhabit other planets!?! you are talking about BILLIONS of years, just think how far we have come in 20 years, much less to think what we will accomplish in the next million years.

We'd better find a way to travel through space and inhabit other planets, as our sun will expand and destroy the Earth within the next 4 billion years. :)

We?

Quit thinking we. Not me, not you, not anyone alive today. It's they.

Humans are gravity based organisms. Look at the system problems the astronauts have after just a few months in space. Bone loss, muscle atrophy, etc. The moon is one thing. Getting outside of our solar system is another.

But the rocket scientists will tell you another story. They sell dreams. It's purpose is funding. Even if it were possible, why should I care. I won't be around.

The chances of some huge asteroid slamming into the earth in the next 4 billion years is pretty good. That will take care of whatever remains of the human race.

Re: We?

booger said:
Quit thinking we. Not me, not you, not anyone alive today. It's they.

Humans are gravity based organisms. Look at the system problems the astronauts have after just a few months in space. Bone loss, muscle atrophy, etc. The moon is one thing. Getting outside of our solar system is another.

But the rocket scientists will tell you another story. They sell dreams. It's purpose is funding. Even if it were possible, why should I care. I won't be around.

"We" - being humans. I think of myself as a member of the human race (hence I use the term "we"). If you don't think of yourself as human then feel free to not use "we" :)

Artificial gravity is already being investigated as well as exercise programs to reduce atrophy in space.

You may not care about the future (because you won't be alive) but there are a lot of people who are interested in the future.

If nobody looked towards the future then no long-term scientific experiments would ever be carried out. Sometimes you carry on research done before you knowing that someone will continue after you - in order to achieve something worthwhile for everyone.

Top Bottom