Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting vs BodyBuilding

What do you prefer

• Powerlifting Style Routines

Votes: 103 72.0%
  • Bodybuilding Style Routines

Votes: 40 28.0%

• Total voters
I was just posing the question my friend. Don't be so certain what school of thought I subscribe to.

Dave Tate is a great example to illustrate your point.

Tweakle said:
I take it you subscribe to the Jkurz school of thought that you don't need to be strong to be big? :d

obviously ''powerlifting'' (whatever that means, I have no idea) isn't going to make an unaesthetic frame into a wasp waisted, tiny hipped Flex Wheeler.. but as a reality check neither is 'bodybuilding' as practiced by most denzins of your gym.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=56455&tid=139

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=55157&tid=124

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=54913&tid=126

3 quite different examples of guys who actually do some work in the gym, and diet down. They all lift heavy, the difference is in ... wait for it... their genetic response to training & their underlying structure.

a combo of the 2 is a good idea. power lifting=heavy weight, heavy weight=the use of more muscle fiber. as a bb this cant be a bad thing? mix rep ranges around. i only go as low as 6 on heavy days tho, scared of low reps lol

There both good in there own way. Hows that for politically correct.
You should do a combo of both. Ther are some options like hypertrophy for 4 weeks than straight powerlift for 4 weeks.. one feeding into the other ..

Combo's are best in my opinion. Straight powerlifting sucks. Straight bb lifting sucks also.

BigboyAl said:
There both good in there own way. Hows that for politically correct.
You should do a combo of both. Ther are some options like hypertrophy for 4 weeks than straight powerlift for 4 weeks.. one feeding into the other ..

Combo's are best in my opinion. Straight powerlifting sucks. Straight bb lifting sucks also.[/QUOTE

I like the time when guys such as Grimek and Tommy Kono had great builds and were strong in both the Oly lifts and power lifts.

Too bad those days are over.

I can't be the only one who thinks that most bodybuilders look gross and unnatural? Like that kid who omega trained, sure he looks like the hulk, but can he squat 500 lbs like his physique would suggest?

that doesnt impress me near as much as a built to shit olympic lifter with huge legs and big traps that lifts a ton of weight.

coreyb said:
I can't be the only one who thinks that most bodybuilders look gross and unnatural? Like that kid who omega trained, sure he looks like the hulk, but can he squat 500 lbs like his physique would suggest?

that doesnt impress me near as much as a built to shit olympic lifter with huge legs and big traps that lifts a ton of weight.

Thanks for the personal compliment.

Top Bottom