Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting vs BodyBuilding

What do you prefer

• Powerlifting Style Routines

Votes: 103 72.0%
  • Bodybuilding Style Routines

Votes: 40 28.0%

• Total voters
I take it you subscribe to the Jkurz school of thought that you don't need to be strong to be big? :d

obviously ''powerlifting'' (whatever that means, I have no idea) isn't going to make an unaesthetic frame into a wasp waisted, tiny hipped Flex Wheeler.. but as a reality check neither is 'bodybuilding' as practiced by most denzins of your gym.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=56455&tid=139

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=55157&tid=124

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=54913&tid=126

3 quite different examples of guys who actually do some work in the gym, and diet down. They all lift heavy, the difference is in ... wait for it... their genetic response to training & their underlying structure.

the terms are grotesquely misrepresented usually, in the gym and online

a powerlifter is someone who competes at meets, not the fat guy sweaty hanging out by the squat rack, annoying you by bragging about how much he used to lift back in HS and doing a shitty assisted 1Rm on the bench before heading out to McD's

a bodybuilder is someone who steps on stage in a thong at 3% bf, not Carlos the gym douchebucket who wears an XS beater year round and tries to scam on the college girls between sets of leg extensions.

Look i am sorry :) my words came out wrong,

and I respect all your points of view as you hopefully respect mine.

I truly believe that for Hypertrophy and Muscle Aesthetic you better lift like a Bodybuilder and Actually avoid excessive strength.

I dont have tiem to go into the why's etc.

But when I do I will try to make an article on it.

This is one of the men I helped, his final pics come this week:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...eek-update-out-12-weeks-young-man-553763.html

and I have replicated these results with others so its the techniques NOT genetics

AND I AM NO GURU! nor am I trying to be.

I just know a handful of things and am proud to share for fun

Finally, a decent thread to read. I want to here more from the folks with experience. I guess in a perfect world you want both. So anyone on here that looks cut and bench 400lbs at 175lbs? Let's here how they did it....

I just started lifting about 2yrs ago and I have increased my strenght big time. I can bench 305 at 180lbs and squat sets of 315. I'm not all cut and shizzle but not fat either. I love the strengh gains. I have never done juice either.

My goal is to bench 400lbs and able to throw any mckfuckers thru a car window! Oh, I'm 38yrs old too.

I voted Powerlifter, because that's what I compete in. I call myself a PowerBuilder, because I believe in combining their various principles, along with a few I invented myself (I call it my maximum overload training theory): For the ultimate in size and strength developement.
Personally I consider us all brothers (and sisters) in iron, along with the Olympic lifter and the Strongman competitor.
I'm not so supportive (or tolerant) of the fitness trainer who just wants to look pretty, while attempting to turn the Gym into their own social club.
Today I enjoyed a great ambiance in the Gym. We had 3 competitive Powerlifters, 3 competitive Olympic lifters, 2 youths training for their first powerlifting meet, and a shit load of out of towners here getting ready to compete in tomorrrows USA bodybuilding championships.
Even the midget Shawn Ray was there.

I prefer the bodyuilding style. I used to train for strength and found my joints were a lot more sore on average and I would get minor injuries more frequently. I really enjoyed the challenge and the training involved and still try to integrate aspects of it into my training, but I prefer to do each bodypart once per week as I find I can heal the best and rack up the fewest injuries from a routine like that. Plus my jionts feel like they will last longer training with more of a BBing style.

Does the answer in some part depend on how long you have been training - i.e., a powerlifting style routine is more appropriate for the fisrt year or so (e.g., 3 v 3 and 5 v 5) and then once size is developed a bodybuilder once-per-week style is more appropriate?

needtogetaas said:
bro lets not be a fucking dick.you may not like a member but this site is going good with lots of people helping out all over...
dude i've got no beef with omega... i just pull his leg here and there and we all do here but nothing personal. so no offence intended to him.

Top Bottom