Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

North Korea threatening US w/ nuclear missile

BigRupe said:
What are your expert qualifications to make a sweeping statement that Iraq is a waste of money? What top secret briefings have you attended that gives you carte blanche to denounce the effort as a waste?

Neither you nor I from where we sit can make such an indictment. You may have an OPINION but that's the extent of it.

As to creating insurgents the same thing happened in WWII for nearly 2 years AFTER the war we had "insurgents" in Germany. As to having "more terrorist threats". I am not concerned with taped videos spouting off Islamofacism I am concerned with the actual carrying out of these plots and THIS war has severely hindered Al Queda and that's a win for the US.

In our Constitution it's required for the Federal government to spend money for the common defense...says nothing about helping you kids go to collge

As to "policing the world" it is our responsibility. I don't see any good coming from isolationism or washing our hands of the world's problems.

For social security. It's the biggest Ponzi scheme ever devised and was doomed to failure the day it started. This is a whole other thread, but if you want to "fix" Social Security which is a scam, then let people invest their OWN money instead of the Federal Government taking nealry 15% of a person's check and blowing it.

Social Security is welfare and is NOT secure.

I actually have a secret security clearance. Now as far as my expertise on the Iraq war, let me say first and foremost, I am a registered voter and I pay a chunk of change in taxes. So as far as my expertise, I don't need any. Policing the world wasn't mentioned when I was sworn in. Its a waste of money if you look at the povershed people in the US. I find it strange how you'd rather spend money helping out other countries people, but not your own country. you seem to like to look at the worst case scenerios and base your argument on them. Not everyone is lazy and worthless. There are some very hard working people who need a hand up to get ahead. Others who are looking for the free ride shouldn't get any assistance until they prove they are trying to better themselves. Again you don't understand, I used college as an example. Another example would be research cures for diseases. Another example to use tax money for instead of Iraq would be socialized health care. Just a thought not necessarily my belief. As for social security, it started off great until the gov. started to borrow money from it and wasn't a priority. Now with the baby boomers it seems more of a priority. I would agree with you on people's right to choose their own retirement or investments. However, I just don't think it will happen any time soon. they will dump more money into social security trying to save it before they abandon their cheap money to borrow from. As far as helping my kid go to college, not worried. The gov won't have to give her a dime. I make a comfortable living. I also have 14 more years to continue putting money into bonds and cd's for her. the al queda statement is very speculatory, no one knows for sure how involved Iraq was. What is known is the Taliban were.

redguru said:
I agree. Iraq and Afghanistan have Iran isolated.
the Iranian people are progressive
now we have soldiers and our tech military on their doorstep

Top Bottom