Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my diet needs tweaking!!

Why black coffee ladies? I put skim in mine, and I don't think that makes a huge difference, does it?

thanks guys :)

it was a lot of work.... now i just have about 10 more pounds to go and i'll be super happy. maintaining is the hardest part though. still working on a diet "routine"

so adding steamed broccoli for sure and taking away the gingerale... still looking into a different salad dressing and for other low sugar foods to add.

..and the sugar. i am going to buy some Stevia while i'm out today. :)

Great! Stevita brand IMO is the best tasting. I really encourage you to quit table sugar cold turkey though. Your chances of success in quitting sugar are far greater that way.

Why black coffee ladies? I put skim in mine, and I don't think that makes a huge difference, does it?

Unless you really use a lot, you're totally right. I use exactly two tablespoons of regular half-and-half and it's only a gram or two of sugar and 3g of fat.

I have never liked the taste of store bought dressing, and so i encourage you to make your own special dressing. I just dribble some extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar on salad, then sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. Works for me. You could use any oil though depending on what flavour you want- sesame oil, olive oil, macadamia oil etc. And any vinegar- red wine, apple cider, balsamic, white wine, malt, and plain old white. Choose a seasoning or fresh herbs. You don't have to go with no salt, but I choose to.

Unless you really use a lot, you're totally right. I use exactly two tablespoons of regular half-and-half and it's only a gram or two of sugar and 3g of fat.

^^Agreed...when I made the switch to black it was during my first contest prep and the trainers I had were very old school...no dairy at all. I've since changed my views but just never went back to putting milk or cream in my coffee.

Another dressing idea is some olive oil and lemon and herbs flavored spices. I put it on my salad and then mix it all in. It's a nice taste.

^^Agreed...when I made the switch to black it was during my first contest prep and the trainers I had were very old school...no dairy at all. I've since changed my views but just never went back to putting milk or cream in my coffee.

Another dressing idea is some olive oil and lemon and herbs flavored spices. I put it on my salad and then mix it all in. It's a nice taste.

i would drink black coffee, I don't mind the taste, but it makes me feel sick to my stomach. straight green tea too, I think it's too acidic or something for me. Even with milk i can't drink it first thing in the morning, I have a Red Rose tea with milk first, and breakfast, and then I can have a coffee.

thanks guys :)

it was a lot of work.... now i just have about 10 more pounds to go and i'll be super happy. maintaining is the hardest part though. still working on a diet "routine"

so adding steamed broccoli for sure and taking away the gingerale... still looking into a different salad dressing and for other low sugar foods to add.

I lost almost 70lbs and when I was nearing the end, I went through a phase where I thought the same thing, but I promise you maintaining is not the hardest part. Losing was, by far, the hardest part.

You've already lost 80, so I'm sure you're already feeling awesome, but first of all, when you finally reach that last goal after a year and a half of hard ass work, you're going to be happier than anything. All you'll want to do is maintain.

Then once you start actually eating to maintain, you'll realize it's pretty easy. First of all, there's a little more leeway when you're eating healthy to lose and when you're eating healthy to maintain. Plus, I don't know about you but by the time I was that far in, I was so used to and happy both making better food and portion choices that maintaining really wasn't a problem.

Every time I've ever talked to a girl on here about weight loss I've said the same thing: If you're trying to lose a good amount of weight, you shouldn't be thinking about changing your diet, you should be thinking about changing your lifestyle (not that you haven't).

That's not to say that since I've finished I haven't eaten one unhealthy thing. I have. We all have, but that's not what the lifestyle change is about. What that means is, on special occasions you eat the ice cream or the extra portion of food on a holiday you might not have eaten otherwise, but that that's all it is: a special occasion. Then you resume whatever your healthier protocol is.

It's not about never putting a bad thing in your mouth again, it's just about having control over it when you do. :) It's not hard, promise.

Top Bottom