Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important is Fascia stretching?

swole said:
i don't stretch before i start my lifting routine, i like to hit the weights cold

but once i have a pump going i stretch in between sets, feels great and i think it helps bring blood to deeper parts of the muscle

from what i understand when you have a maximum pump is the best time due to the blood already increasing tissue expansion.

Jay cutler swears by it. i think if done regularly after every workout it could provide definite improvements.

GUARDIAN said:
Jay cutler swears by it. i think if done regularly after every workout it could provide definite improvements.

you ever see that youtube vid of jay getting a deep tissue massage

check it out

"NEVER stretch a cold muscle". I'm sure you've heard that before. You need some blood there before stretching it or you may injure yourself.

Have you seen Doggcrap's training routine? He stresses the importance of stretching in his workouts. VERY intense workouts with very intense srtetching of the fascia. He uses weights to stretch with dumbells like posted above and weighted hanging pullups or no weights, I forge. Stuiff l;ike that though. Check it out 'Doggcrap' training. This was a while ago, not sure if he's still around or not. Too intense for me. It was one set each bodypart of exercise. I forget. Good luck

swole said:
you ever see that youtube vid of jay getting a deep tissue massage

check it out

the still shot before you play it looks like a stump. Lie he had his leg cut off.

gonelifting said:
"NEVER stretch a cold muscle". I'm sure you've heard that before. You need some blood there before stretching it or you may injure yourself.

Have you seen Doggcrap's training routine? He stresses the importance of stretching in his workouts. VERY intense workouts with very intense srtetching of the fascia. He uses weights to stretch with dumbells like posted above and weighted hanging pullups or no weights, I forge. Stuiff l;ike that though. Check it out 'Doggcrap' training. This was a while ago, not sure if he's still around or not. Too intense for me. It was one set each bodypart of exercise. I forget. Good luck

Dante (DoggCrapp) is still around. He hangs out over at intensemuscle.

Calveless, check out that link jackangel posted about why to do Extreme Fascia Stretching.

Personally, it has helped my recovery tremendously, helped my flexibility, and I believe has helped make room for growth. In DC training, I don't think one could not do these stretches and still workout with the intensity and frequency that DC requires.

As for stretching cold...don't do an extreme (static) stretch while cold. Personally, I warm up my joints with some rotations (shoulders, elbows, wrists, ride the bike for 5-10 minutes for legs), then I do some warmup sets (~2-4, depending) to get my muscles warm and full of blood and get them used to the weight. Then, I do my working set, and immediately after that I do an extreme fascia stretch for that bodypart I just worked...while it is nice and warm. :) Also, hold your extreme stretches for at least 60 seconds.

Here's a quote from DoggCrapp on it, "I can’t state this enough--extreme stretching royally sucks!!! Its painful. But I have seen amazing things with people -especially in the quads."

Top Bottom