Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet on a budget

Being from Alaska changes things, prices are insane there. Look for local products that have protein and are better priced, eggs, local meats and fish mostly. Do you have places where u can fish? Take the family for some outdoor fun AND catch some swimming protein :)

I agree with you. It was a shot in the dark- and I knew what most would say. Obviously I won't be eating shakes and bars alone. I just wish they could substitue was my 2nd and 4th meal so I'm not eating $15 worth of extra chicken and tuna that my family doesn't benefit from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have a family so unfortunately lifting and eating isn't going to come first for you. that is a decision you made.. I know a lot of guys I used to lift with everyday who had kids and then I see them maybe once a week. it is what it is

If you look at the ingredients list in lots of protein bars you will see that in quite a few of them the protein comes from things like gelatin, peanut flour, and soy flour. The first two are inferior to things like meat, eggs, and dairy and I try to limit my soy intake. These things are ok in a pinch but gram for gram I believe you get more out of real food. I do consider casein protein powder real food and other than possibly PWO casein protein is perfect for our needs.

Mentioning you lived in Alaska would have been something to share before your 10th post bc I would have told your ass to go out and catch your own food just like nangiggles said. Otherwise make your own protein bars like I do bc for one they're much cheaper, and two like maxxreps said there's a lot of garbage in otc bars so you could control ingredients and nutrition facts. Anyways this should be in the diet/nutrition forum definitely not AS, could a mod please move this bc I'm sick of looking at it haha thanks!

Mentioning you lived in Alaska would have been something to share before your 10th post bc I would have told your ass to go out and catch your own food just like nangiggles said. Otherwise make your own protein bars like I do bc for one they're much cheaper, and two like maxxreps said there's a lot of garbage in otc bars so you could control ingredients and nutrition facts. Anyways this should be in the diet/nutrition forum definitely not AS, could a mod please move this bc I'm sick of looking at it haha thanks!

Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are in Alaska? Canned salmon might be cheaper for you. Canned salmon is also always high quality wild salmon because farm raised will turn into mush in the high heat canning process from what I've heard. Try to go dried salmon too, indian candy, go to the fishermen themselves or find a good seller and buy a whole fish. Considering you like fish. I'm pretty health conscious and try to avoid tap water and i've also heard about plastics in canned goods being hazardous, but those would be the only issues with canned salmon. Definitely fattier than tuna but it's known for it's nutrition and is very clean from pollution or metals like mercury compared to tuna.

There are also beans which are high in protein for a vegetable, might want to try that, make sure to wash them. I'm not sure how the carbs would be for your diet, might be better than other carbs? They are very inexpensive and nutritous as well. I'd eat all organic if i could afford to avoid pesticide residue, but i always make sure to wash my vegetables thoroughly. I'm actually a vegetarian, though I cheat sometimes, so I know a lot about vegetables. I'm a pretty ecological and humane treatment conscious, animal lover/admirer person.

Top Bottom