Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet on a budget

So is there any truth in that your body can only absorb so much protein in one sitting? I think I heard 20-30grams depending on the persons weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I believe your body can take in more. But I do believe it's very dependent on the individual.

I'm not saying don't take more than 25g or so of protein because you can't absorb it. It's because you don't need it. If you're a giant, well then, yea, you probably do. But most people aren't Kai Greene or Phil Heath. You can get by with 25g of protein a meal. But like I said, it'll be geared towards leaning out and muscle development, not really strength building.

I'm trying to bulk and I can't always afford everything. Can I get away with primarily using protein bars and shakes and nuts to get my protein? Some days all I can buy is a fucking spicy mcchicken just to survive. I have to spend $20 a day for all the chicken and tuna and fish I need. I could easily do the bars and shakes though but I know meat protein is superior.

$20 a day? Cans of tuna are 79 or 99 cents tops, a couple pounds of chicken is a few bucks, fish is fairly cheap, $20 could last you several days worth of good protein. I can't see how bars would be any cheaper, and mcchicken?! Damn bro sounds like you're just too lazy to prepare meals.

$20 a day? Cans of tuna are 79 or 99 cents tops, a couple pounds of chicken is a few bucks, fish is fairly cheap, $20 could last you several days worth of good protein. I can't see how bars would be any cheaper, and mcchicken?! Damn bro sounds like you're just too lazy to prepare meals.

I read through this a few times and I just couldn't find a clear answer to the question I asked. Damn bro... Looks like you're too lazy to follow instructions.

Anyways- here in Alaska chicken and tuna are nearly three times the price paid in the states. We have local brands for protein bars which saves me a lot of money. Thanks to all who answered with helpful information.

Tuna is just one of the option. There's tilapia too which is cheap (here in Jersey anyway). There's ground beef turkey, grilled chicken, kidney beans, canned salmon, etc... anything with a high protein/low saturated fats profile.

I've had a lot of people say canned chicken is really affordable- but it just sounds awful.

I've had a lot of people say canned chicken is really affordable- but it just sounds awful.

Canned chicken is fairly affordable and tastes pretty good. Unfortunately 99% of what's out there is loaded with sodium, so it's not really a good option.

I blow close to $100 everytime I go to whole foods.

but that is me.

and no protein shakes and bars won't get you very far. real food is so much better.

I would bet that you can have 500g of protein from bars and shakes and it will be inferior to eating 50g of protein a day from REAL FOOD. why? because the body doesn't recognize what the hell a shake is or a bar is. did our ancestors eat bars and shakes? or did they eat real food? think about it! good luck trying to out gun millions of years of evolution!

plus real food feels better ... bars and shakes are typically full of sugar and dairy which will bloat you and make you feel run down

I blow close to $100 everytime I go to whole foods.

but that is me.

and no protein shakes and bars won't get you very far. real food is so much better.

I would bet that you can have 500g of protein from bars and shakes and it will be inferior to eating 50g of protein a day from REAL FOOD. why? because the body doesn't recognize what the hell a shake is or a bar is. did our ancestors eat bars and shakes? or did they eat real food? think about it! good luck trying to out gun millions of years of evolution!

plus real food feels better ... bars and shakes are typically full of sugar and dairy which will bloat you and make you feel run down

I agree with you. It was a shot in the dark- and I knew what most would say. Obviously I won't be eating shakes and bars alone. I just wish they could substitue was my 2nd and 4th meal so I'm not eating $15 worth of extra chicken and tuna that my family doesn't benefit from.

Top Bottom