Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Asylum Numbers

TheProject said:

Yeah, well, if not, I hear you and Hannibal have a shirt planned out for me...

Don't worry man...we will get you a shirt...:)

B True

spatterson said:
I don't COMPARE anyone, we're a team. I have enough work competing with myself. I don't compete against my team, I compete with them.

To whoever had a problem with what Spatts posted...you obviously missed the point. First you would have to know the two of them on a personal level. As a team we have to find what it takes to motivate one another. For Spatts...it is internal. For Project he likes to be challenged by her. If her sayin that is what it takes to motivate him...then she, as his teammate, will do it to make the team stronger.

And dont think that just because she said that he should be stronger than her...that she is limiting herself. If you knew her...you would know that she doesnt believe in limits. We could all learn a little something from that.

Hannibal said:

To whoever had a problem with what Spatts posted...you obviously missed the point. First you would have to know the two of them on a personal level. As a team we have to find what it takes to motivate one another. For Spatts...it is internal. For Project he likes to be challenged by her. If her sayin that is what it takes to motivate him...then she, as his teammate, will do it to make the team stronger.

And dont think that just because she said that he should be stronger than her...that she is limiting herself. If you knew her...you would know that she doesnt believe in limits. We could all learn a little something from that.

I'm a highly competitive person, both with myself and others. When I first started training, I wasn't even CLOSE to her lifts. I'm proud of myself for getting to the point where I can compete with her. .

Last edited by a moderator:
TheProject said:

I'm a highly competitive person, both with myself and others. When I first started training, I wasn't even CLOSE to her lifts. I'm proud of myself for getting to the point where I can compete with her. I know Epi's in my rear view, and beyond Spatts lies the big man.

Well considering that you had never deadlifted before....and you have back issues...your recent improvement in the deadlift is amazing.

And as for the rear view mirror...I never use it. The only time I look back is to help you guys out. If I keep lookin back instead of lookin ahead...you guys will start to gain on me.

Re: The Numbers

spatterson said:
Hannibal:
Close Grip lock out...375
Reverse band press...353 /w/ Green

Project:

Close lock out...287
Reverse Band...287

Spatterson:

Lock out...309
Reverse Band Press...254

Forgot to update the record board Wednesday. We did reverse band press followed by rack lockouts.

Hannibal:
Close grip lock out....397
Reverse band press...375

Project:
Close grip lock out...298
Reverse band..........287 (battled 309 twice)

Spatterson:
Close grip lock out...320
Reverse band press..254 (265 bothered her shoulder)

All and all it was a good day. We all had our battles. Next Wednesday we will do 4 Board Presses.

Deciever said:
nice! how much do you have the bands take off at top and bottom?

Not entirely sure...they were done with the green (medium) bands...looped at the top. As you get towards the top they dont help much at all.

Great job on all of the PR's! Keep pushing each other and before you know it, you will have one of the strongest gyms in the city. 4-boards should be good for all of you next week as it won't be a full range movement. It's good to mix it up like that. Good luck on more PR's.

Crew Pic:

Asylum.jpg

Hannibal (1) in back, L-R the Project (3), Spatterson (2).

Last edited:
Re: The Numbers

Well today was ME Bench Day. We decided to do 4 Board Press...and follow it with 2 Board Reverse Band Close Grip Press...courtesy of the Okie Crew. We had never done the reverse board press before...we didn't use shirts, but I definitely liked them.

Hannibal:
Previous 4 Board: 353
Today....................375 (missed 396)
Reverse 2 Board CG....375

Project:
No Previous 4 Board
Today..........................254
Reverse 2 Board CG....276

Spatterson:
Previous 4 Board: 199
Today....................210 (shoulder issues that we are addressing...was good for 221 or more..but couldn't get set on the bench...we need a new bench)
2 Board CG ...........177 (didn't use the bands to avoid lateral instability)

We all broke and set records...but several things that need to be addressed. We need a new bench...the one I have has a split in it so it can incline and decline...and it throws people off. It's also a bit high. So if we get a decent bench life will be easier.

Spatterson's rotators are recovering fairly rapidly. It is a frustrating process for her...since she has the strength. She has been able to increase the resistance on her AR work for her rotators (with the help of her son). A few more weeks and we can start actually "strengthening the joint" instead of just rehabbing it.

Myself...my triceps are still weak. What else is new. When I got towards my final attempts...as soon as the weight hit the boards my elbows flared and I used my shoulders. I got PR's..but still need to address the tricep issue. Funny thing is that I do NO direct shoulder work other than seated power cleans....and I do a tremendous amount of tricep work...you would think they would catch up sooner or later. Still searching for that "magic bullet" of an exercise.

NICE WORK EVERYONE!!

Top Bottom