Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need help putting on weight!!!

Grantsdu

I have bought some weight gainer the other day at GNC and I'm afarid I wasted a bunch of money. I want to really put on some weight!! I only weigh 135 and I'm about 5'8. What are some good, cheap foods I can be eating and how much should I be eating?!?!?! I'm going to college so I need something fairly cheap. Is the GNC stuff worth taking too?

You can ask b fold the truth or do a search on his posts.
I remember reading about what he eats, sounds good and "cheap"

you did waste a bunch of money. I can't remember the name of the thread, but I wrote to Cubanito, who was complaining he ate a bunch but could not gain weight and explained what I did one summer to gain over 20 lbs drug free. If you can't find it let me know, and I will post it again. But it involved eating 2 dozen eggs a day, steak, potatoes, ham, cheese, a can of chicken, and some other stuff every day. Eating 5 or 6 meals a day, each one of which contained as many calories as you are probably eating all day right now.

Suffice it to say, you are not eating enough. I don't care how much you think you are eating right now, or how much you are actually eating right now. It is obviously not enough. If it was enough, you would be getting bigger. Eat more, eat more, eat more.

Nothing they sell at GNC besides a good multi-vitamin is worth buying. Good cheap foods are ramen noodles, I used to eat a bowl of ramen noodles with a can of chicken or turkey for a meal. Cost is around 2 dollars, and you get about 40 grams or more of protein, some good complex carbs, and not too much fat. Ground beef is good. Eat hamburgers, hamburger steaks, nachos, burritos, tacos, tons of ways to use ground beef. Eggs are cheap and very good to gain weight. If you are not lactose intolerant milk is very good for putting on weight.

You have to completely change the way you look at food. You have to eat until you are sick. Wait 5 minutes, then take a few more bites. You literally have to gorge yourself to the point that you stretch your stomach out to where it takes more and more food to feel full.

I graduated from high school almost 10 years ago at 5'8" and 155 lbs. I weighed 230 at the same height last night at the gym. I am not a naturally big person. I have had to work, and eat extremely hard to put on size. You can do it, but the work involved is a much higher price than most are willing to pay. On the upside, once you have put on some good size and made it past the 200 mark, and get past 25 years of age, you don't have to eat nearly so much to maintain or gain in size.

Good luck and hope this helps.

B

You can make extra-caloric dense protein shakes to add to your calorie count. Ice cream works wonders, and if you add penaut butter and chocolate syrup, you have a reese's peanut butter milkshake.

You can also add fruit, to add taste, variety, and extra calories. You must get protein. Eating more often is usually easier than eating a few big meals. Space it out over the course of the day.

A good meal or a protein shake containing caesin before bed will help stop the catabolism that can occur when sleeping.

the gnc weight gainer you'llbe taking will help, lots of added calories... from people i've talked to , the weight gainer they liked most was n large 2.

for some cheap foods, get cheap tuna! great protein source..etc
also chicken breasts, ground meat..etc

or you could try this shake (tastes really good surprisingly...

Posted by Cubanito17 -I take 2 cups of skim milk(i like it better than whole milk) then I put in 2 scoops of american whey vanilla protein shake or you can use any type of vanilla protein shake you find good( i like isopure and american whey myself) then I put in 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream then I throw in a snickers bar I break it into three pieces then in the blender of course blend it together for 30 seconds or until you see everything is mixed. It's about a good 915 calories with 70g of protein 26g of fat and I think around 100g carbs.

i replaceed the vanilla ice cream with cookie dough ice cream and threw in some extra cookie dough chunks and it was good as hell!

A gallon of milk a day will put some meat on you as well as provide you with a ton of protien. I put on 10lbs in two months by doing this. Carry something a few snacks around with you everywhere you go. I bring peanut butter crackers , pop tarts , and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with me at all times. In between classes i just take down one of these every hour or so. But i gaurauntee if you start drinking milk you will gain. Its the most fun diet out there.

ahh...yes.. milk... i hate it! i only have it with my cereal, and protein shake...

i just cant drink a lot of it.. all i drink is water... and i eat a lot of tuna, so im getting my protein there. Im sure the extra calories of milk would help, but i just dont like milk much

Milk, eggs, hamburger, potatoes, rice. If your trying to gain weight these are the basis of what your should be eating. Also, if you are trying to gain weight don't be so worried about eating clean. The amount of work you will be doing and your body type will keep you from getting too fat. Also, cut out all extra things that you might do if you want to gain weight. No basketball, or running or stuff like that if you want to gain lots of weight. I am also in college and know it sucks trying to get enough money to buy food and everything else. But don't worry, when I started college I weighed 225 now I weigh 270 and still gaining. So it can be done on minimum money. Just stick to basics and the rest will fall into place.

All good points here. There is no reason why you can't eat 4,000 kcals a day. Hamburger is cheaper than prot powder. Rice, meat, potatoes...etc... You need to find a way to eat 6 heavy meals every single day...each with about 30 grams of protien.

B True

GRIMMER said:
A gallon of milk a day will put some meat .

yesssssssssssss it will.

my diet right now is simple........ but its a lot.

i will have 1 gallon of whole milk a day......... thats 2400 calories right there..........

plus i will have 3-4 bagels....... thats 200 grams of carbs............

6 packs of oatmeal ...... thats 180 grams of carbs........

3- 4 potatoes............ thats about 200 grams of carbs

some type of meat for 3 other meals of the day.

total........ on a average day....... i take in 6000 calories....... but on a good day......... i can take in about 7500 calories.

more is better.......... but you have to accept one thing....... you can get bigger without steroids.......... but not without gaining some extra love around the middle.

just my belief

X

Top Bottom