How do you train West Side style while practicing with a bench shirt?

Posted: 25-Feb-2002 08:48 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about How do you train West Side style while practicing with a bench shirt? within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: I going to start training west side style for my competition, but I just ordered my first bench shirt. My question is, how do train west side style while trying to get used to my bench shirt? Should I change my workout a couple of weeks before the competition to go heavy on flat bench to get used to the shirt? Or should I use the shirt on my ME day...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 25-Feb-2002, 08:48 AM   #1

I going to start training west side style for my competition, but I just ordered my first bench shirt. My question is, how do train west side style while trying to get used to my bench shirt? Should I change my workout a couple of weeks before the competition to go heavy on flat bench to get used to the shirt? Or should I use the shirt on my ME days while doing heavy floor presses (or whatever I do as my main bench exercise)? Thanks for the help.
Gallery of Power Factor  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Feb-2002, 10:52 AM   #2

I like to throw my shirt on at the end of my speed sets. I only go up to and never over my opener. I take 2 to 3 singles for abotu 4 weeks before a meet.
Gallery of 1-dawg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Feb-2002, 12:18 PM   #3

I occasionally put on a shirt after speed work on sundays, and I throw in a full shirt session on occasion on M.E. day, but not more than once per month.

B
Gallery of brianmincher  

Old 25-Feb-2002, 12:35 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments. I give it a try on speed days. Thanks again.
Gallery of Power Factor  

Old 25-Feb-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
United States
What I have seen is westsidestyle lifters set a ME day for benching with shirts. Everyone does a flat and pyramids up like regular ME day and when the weight starts getting heavy, the shirts are put on right in the middle of the ME workout and then everyone goes up from there, I have also seen it done after a few speed sets, but it was a few instaed of the normal 8 to 10
Gallery of CytoMel