Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another amazing feat of rowing strength from PB -- Vid inside! Oh Boy!

Protobuilder

There aren't too many row vids floating around so figured I'd post a few. I hesitate to call 'em JS Rows b/c although I'm coming off the floor, I'm getting very little upper/mid back arch in the 155 vid. Some in the 135 vid. Ignore the skinnyness and receeding hairline. I am weak. And I am old.

http://media.putfile.com/Bent-Row-5x135-0606
http://media.putfile.com/Bent-Row-5x155-0606

Critique away. Yes I know there are Disney pictures in teh background. I am married. Laugh all you want but someday you will be too. And they are a great source of inspiration. :rainbow:

And yes I know I look down sometimes and shouldn't do that. That's what the vids are for! I didn't really know I was doing that.

*edit -- I posted this in my journal but figured it wouldn't get seen in there and some people might want to see a row vid.

Overall, there are no problems at all. I think they look good. As long as you're not doing the 'air hump' maneuver, and as long as you stay as close to 90 degrees as possible and you don't turn it into a glorified shrug, you're perfectly fine.....that form will serve you well, now just add weight to the bar, and don't turn into a dorky technical lifter, lol.

yeah, looking down isn't necessarily bad, unless it screws up your form, and again, the form was fine in the vids.

Protobuilder said:
I am married. Laugh all you want but someday you will be too.
Hell no. Although that hasn't stopped me from taping Disney pics to my power rack.

Are you fully deweighting the bar on the floor? It's tough to tell since the bottom of the plate is out of the frame, but the bottom looked a bit bouncy on the first few reps. I think the form deterioration toward the end would be helped by treating it a bit like a deadlift as far as making sure you're set before each rep (lower back tight/arched, looking up, etc.).

Oh, since it wasn't clear from my previous post, count me as another vote for "looks good." The deweighting/resetting thing is just nitpicking. Listen to BiggT: if you're consistently adding weight to it and not getting any joint pain, don't worry about tweaking your form.

Looks pretty good, I always look down too; as CS said seems like you could deweight a touch longer. Although I'm just comparing to the way I do it, kind of a controlled drop and clunk it hits the floor. Same kind of rhythm on my deadlift.

Nice vids. :)

My approach to those last few reps would be to go ahead and lift explosively.
Obviously this will pull you up some so it's a cheat, but you've moved the weight instead of letting it push you around a bit. This is what old school bodybuilders call the Cheating Principle. You've accomplished the task and have allowed your CNS to experience the resultant shock. It'll know what to expect next time.

I'm voting yes on the Disney poll and no on the marriage poll.

I don't think you bend your knees enough, and your ass is up in the air like a dog in season, lol. Maybe a slight exageration but your hips could be slightly lower.

Top Bottom