Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best day for cleans/c & p's?

kingc_79

i wanna start doin cleans and c & p's to get better at them. what day would be best to do these on a wsb style routine?

Dynamic squat day IMO, only because of the speed factor
But olys don't go very well if your tired, you need to do them when your fresh, and free from any CNS fatigue. Things like olys, jumping and sprints suffer way before anything slow like squats and benches would.

If it does, then your CNS is kaput
When I'm tired from strength work earlier in the week, my form and timing in olys goes down the tubes, and the speed just isn't there

kingc_79 said:

dynamic effort upper

Ahh. Bro I dunno. I'm an old school guy, and to be honest, I don't even know what the fuck that is. I do Traps with Back, because they are basicly part of it, which means I can bridge exercises like Deadlifts at the end of my Back workout/start of traps, and count that exercise for both back & traps. Saves time. I do 2 sets of 10 on PCs after Deads because I like to get at least 2 compound straightbar lifts per muscle group. I finish up with 2 sets of BB shrugs, and 2 sets of upright rows.

Kingc,

I do power cleans on DE Lower, rotating bar and log each week.

I do clean and presses for speed/form on DE Upper, and for strength on ME Upper.

Per advice from Lord Suston, I never drop below 6 reps/set on ME Upper, and go for 3-4 sets, increasing the weight each set. (Unless I decide to test my 1rm, of course.:) )

Both OHP and cleans have increased weekly with this rotation.

Just my .02,

I usually do reps under 5 for olys, form goes to the crapper after that, in fact anything over 3 for me is a bit too much, unless its a light weight.

Top Bottom