Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Today's 5 x 5 workout and some fun facts

Blut Wump said:
Man, that's like forgetting to stand on the podium. Congrats.

:FRlol: Thanks ya.

I think a deadlift PR is one of the most satisfying things in the gym. Uhm, well I've only had 2, really ;)

There's something about picking something heavy up off the floor.

Wk 7 Day 3
BW after workout = 202.5

Squat
Warmup to 355 x 3

Low back a bit tired from Wed dead. 315 and 335 x 3 w/no belt felt OK. Belted 355 a lot better.

Bench
Warmup to 270 x 3 x 3

Tough sets; had to grind out the 3rd rep on the last 2 sets.

Clean Pull
Warmup to 285 x 3 x 3

As I was finishing up, some guy asked me for a spot on bench. So with 185 he got 3 and I helped him with 3 negs. On his last rep he thrust his butt up off the bench (he had his feet on it too), seriously it was like a decline.

Anyway, I guess he really liked my spotting so he leaps off the bench and exclaims 'I'm going heavier!'. So he calls me over for 225, except all negs this time, again with the butt launch. Well he was so happy he says to me 'Stick around, I'm going up'. I do my last set of cleans and nervously glance over and he's got 275 and I thought OMG.

Well he only did 1 super slow neg, then when he was finished he told me 'I saw you benching, if you tried these negs with 4 plates you'll be doing 315 in no time, guaranteed'. He was actually a really nice guy so I said 'hm I'll have to try that sometime' even though I have no intention of doing that (uhm, unless it works ;) )

Wk 8 Day 1
BW after workout = 202

Squat
Warmup to 350 x 3 x 3

Felt alright. Used some tips 'n tricks and mental cues from Rippetoe's book 'Starting Strength'. Well I don't think it helped all that much but nice to feel you're informed. :)

Bench
Warmup to 275 x 2, missed 3rd rep.

Well my spotter had to tap the 3rd rep again. Will try again next week :mad:

Clean Pull
Warmup to 315 x 3

Felt good. I like doing these to alternate with my sumo dead on Wed, as far as stances go.

Wk 8 Day 2

Dead (sumo)
Warmup to 425 x 3 x 3 :bat: *PR*

Pretty happy with this. Some of the fellas were hanging with words of encouragement so that helped.

Oh, I remembered to sit on the 4 plates this time :p

Push Press
Warmup to 155 x 2, failed 3rd rep. 150 x 2 x 3

Had to bump the weight down. Wasn't getting as much leg drive as before, maybe I was tired.

Chin-ups
55 x 3 x 3

Barely got them. Only got to about eye level

Next week should be fun :verygood:

Thanks!

Well I did 405 last week. And it wasn't too bad, so I was debating if I should do 415 or 425 today. Plus with all the testosterone from those fellas watching me I sure couldn't put a nickel on ;) (I guess that tells you something about the state of deadlifting at my gym lol)

Anyway, I'm not sure how big a jump to try next week. I guess I don't have to worry to much about failing at this point. Any thoughts? since you're in Week 9 right now.

Top Bottom