Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Night eating !!!! Can't stop

Stackinplates

Anabolic Moderator
Elite Moderator
Current stats

9%bf
31yrs

Biggest issues keeping me from 6% is night eating...

I eat my evening meal of one scoop of protein and cottage cheese with peanut butter

Then about an hour to an hour and a half later I'm in bed laying there I lay there for sometimes two hours so hungry that my mind can't turn off I eat clean all day macros are on point lean meats vegetables and I maintain my 9% for sometime now but to get to the next level I cannot seem to stop eating at night...

After two hours of laying there I wake up normally go eat more cottage cheese sometimes mix oatmeal in it or Cheerios who knows what!! all the food that I eat is clean but I just over eat I eat 1000 to 1500 cal at that time right before I go to bed and sleep like a baby I can't break the habit I've tried everything drinking half a gallon of water sugar free Jell-O straight veggies but something about getting those carbs in right before I go to bed knocks me the fuck out...

Any tips or advice would much be appreciated I'm trying to get down to the lowest body fat I've been in sometime but that seems to be the only thing I can resist temptation when going out to eat throughout the day nothing is a problem but when it comes nighttime it's full force 100% hormonal cravings!! Feeling like eating a bison thigh!!!šŸ˜¬

Have you tried intermittent fasting? I had the same problem but the fasting helped and I no longer have an issue

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

Yea I have tried IF
Was thinking about going back to it

Empty fridge is out the window wife is preg and she is having
cravings... She is still in phenomenal shape for being preg .. But her genetics are crazy ... She is on point with lifts and cardio bit food well that's a different story ...

She already has to hide the peanut butter till I need it ...

Ha .. If u don't mind me asking what was ur IF window for feeding how many hours I did a 12-6 window but my lifts suffered I was doing fasted lifting :/

I've done it every way imaginable bro.
I've switched shifts several times and have had to change my diet to accommodate.

Fasted lifting, your strength will suffer. What works best for me is basically a protein shake ~50-54g (isolyze or cellucor) and a carb source ~35-45g (sticky rice, oats, carbolyze, or the occasional poptart =P) pre-workout.

Then depending total cals for the day I prefer to maybe have a post work out shake alone or with carbs. Then I usually just eat one or two meals to consume the remainder of my cals.

The key is eating filling foods. If you don't have alot of cals to spare eat stuff that'll fill you up quick like chicken or egg whites for protein and ditch protein shakes if you can(pre-workout I'd keep in).. Eat rice or potatoes for carbs (I prefer rice).
Fats really won't fill you but things like almonds or pb will help more than oils.

What really helps me when I'm low cal is IF with a high high protein diet.. You take some carbs out and maybe a little fat (take fat out sparingly) and replace those cals with protein (1g protein for 1g carb or 2g protein for 1g fat).

And if your body really need the carbs it will convert the protein to glucose through a process call gluconeogenesis. So don't sweat a lower carb diet too much.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

There are some good suggestions here already, but I'll put my two cents in as well:
- Mix some flaxseed in with your evening meal to feel fuller. Also, some ZMA could put you to sleep faster.
- Try a fiber supplement called PGX before you eat dinner. It slows insulin and blood sugar spikes and makes you feel fuller longer.
- Or try mixing that oatmeal in your cottage cheese during dinner since it has plenty of fiber.

What works for me is a tablespoon of natural peanut butter before bed. It seems to fill me up and gives me the treat factor as far as cravings!

Good stuff man

Love the flax idea I can't believe I forgot about that

Chia seeds swell up when I put them in liquid I assume flax is the same !!!

Gonna give that a go as well!!!

my trick is to up my water in take during night time and my last meal is to eat tuna right off the can that usually kills my appetite cuz its so nasty lmfao!!!

Top Bottom