Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thyroid Test Results

After reading a bit about TSH, I don't understand. My TSH is closer to the hyper range but I have symptoms of hypo and loosing weight requires me to diet and train as if I am going to compete to just drop 5 lbs. There has to be something else!

Debu said:
After reading a bit about TSH, I don't understand. My TSH is closer to the hyper range but I have symptoms of hypo and loosing weight requires me to diet and train as if I am going to compete to just drop 5 lbs. There has to be something else!

Hyperthyroidism exhibits a TSH of well below 0.5.

Most "normal" people have a TSH from .75 to 1.5 or 2.

There is NO WAY that you are even close to being hypothyroid. Many of us(most) have a hard time dropping weight but that doesn't mean that we have hypothyroidism.

Other signs of hypothyroidism are fatigue, very dry hair and skin, mental sluggishness, cold intolerance(cold all the time), chronic constipation.

Don't worry.......just increase the cardio and watch the refined foods and saturated fats.

RG:)

RG - You just described me! Plus it runs in my family. I just looked at the link you gave me and it said something about having a normal TSH but low T4 I think and you can be hypo. Don' t know how that works though.

W6????

Debu said:
RG - You just described me! Plus it runs in my family. I just looked at the link you gave me and it said something about having a normal TSH but low T4 I think and you can be hypo. Don' t know how that works though.

W6????

There is a secondary type of hypothyroidism caused when the pituitary and or hypothalamus are not working right and not by a failing thyroid gland.....but in this case TSH is uaually very very low but on occasion TSH can be normal or even elevated..... BUT your T3 and T4 levels would be low.

You cannot be hypothyroid with a normal T3/T4, which you have.

If your sex drive is poor then you may have a low testosterone level. Having a low test level can give many of the same symptoms of hypothyroidism. If you DO have a sex drive then you don't have a low test level.
People with a low T level basically have little to no sex drive ie: Sex once every couple weeks is just fine. So if your libido isn't very good then get your testosterone level checked. You need supplementation if you have a T level of 30 or less AND have a poor sex drive.
Testosterone gel is now readily available for women at compounding pahrmacies.

Last edited:
I would agree with RG here. Have your free and total Test checked.

But I'd still like to see a total and free T3.

W6

RG, W6, that might be it, I haven't had in sex or the desire in ....months.....but the challenge is finding a doctor to agree that I need to get those tests done and then even prescribing test. Maybe an andro would do?

Debu said:
RG, W6, that might be it, I haven't had in sex or the desire in ....months.....but the challenge is finding a doctor to agree that I need to get those tests done and then even prescribing test. Maybe an andro would do?

Tell your doctor that your libido has dropped way off and that you get easily fatigued and then ask to get your T level checked.
If he/she doesn't grant you the test then get a new doc. Alternatively, you can go to a lab that does not require a docs script and get your T level done yourself. Total T is not quite as good an indicator as free T but it will do just fine and it's cheaper. If you total T is 30ng/dl or less and your libido doesn't improve then you could likely benefit from T replacement therapy.
Androgel is WAY to strong...get the gel for women at a compounding pharmacy.

NOTE: Not a few women loose quite a bit of T production in the oavaries after having kids so it doesn't take menopause to reduce your T level. Some women have never had optimal levels of T for that matter yet don't know it.

Not Andro as in prohormone andro. The conversion to E and DHT is far greater than to T. Only use formulary T get by prescription.

W6

I will have to find another doc. I mentioned it to her almost two years ago, she wantet to send me to a therapist. Mentioned it to her again and she wants to send me to a therapist. What happened to the days of prescribing a pill to fix things.

Thanks guys.

Therapists are often times the shit can of the medical profession. While they are helpful when the issue really is psychological, often times internists and GPs just don't know what the problem is, don't care to investigate or think about it, are too busy to go beyond textbook issues or just plain don't care and try to dispose of you in the therapist trash can where they will milk you and your insurance company for thousands trying to tell you that something that happened in your childhood is causing your low testosterone. Then rather than giving you test, they give you prozac and suggest you make more appts with them.

W6

Top Bottom