Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shadow sir in here please more on building abs...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
The Shadow said:
I was stating that you can "look" leaner by building up the abs so that they will show more at a higher bf.

Asuuming you dont have the diet by tonite - continue on what we discussed till you see
This is true from what I have seen on others. I have really focused more now on working my abs I do it EOD pretty much my bf is still to hight to see them but last time they didn't show up tell 2 days out :worried: I would rather not go through that stress again. Any suggestions on how to build them up exercise wise. I basically do a few diffrent things now. Roman chairs, seated cable crunches, weighted crunches, and the ab rocker where I pause at the top for a 3 count the slowly lower at a 6 count.

Can you please go into this a little further I am sure there is others with questions thanks :)

you can also throw in some side situps on a hyperextension bench...they get worked with the twisting bicycles though.....

always balance with an appropriate number of sets for lumbars

The Shadow said:
Copy paste my pm...I didnt save a copy

I I captin :)

The Shadow said:
Day 1:

SUPERSET:

Lying leg scissors and bicycles with upperbody motion(knees touching opposite knees)

3 cycles of one minute on each exercise

and

Weighted Cable crunches 3 sets of 12-15

Day 2:

Hanging leg raises 3 sets of 12-15

Incline crunches while catching a medicine ball....have tosser vary height AND side to side motion....catch at top/on the way down

Swiss ball crunches

3 sets of 12-15 - with a 3 second pause at top

All easy for me to change except the tosser I don't like human communcation at the gym. LOL

The Shadow said:
you can also throw in some side situps on a hyperextension bench...they get worked with the twisting bicycles though.....

always balance with an appropriate number of sets for lumbars
Good stuff I do very little oblique work right now.

superqt4u2nv said:
I I captin :)

All easy for me to change except the tosser I don't like human communcation at the gym. LOL
I have done all of those and they work very well. I've also had success with rope crunches going below parallel & weighted declines.

qt, i have not worked obliques in lawd knows how long. You aren't the only one. The only time I ever did was with twisting bicycles & those BURNNNNNNNNNNN... :)

For me, specific oblique work thickens up my midsection, kinda like add/abductor work 'thickens' my thighs, I WANT a gap there.

There is a trampoline that I set upright and toss the medicine ball off that when I'm sans partner. Good luck girl.

Good suggestions here.

*Bunny* said:
I have done all of those and they work very well. I've also had success with rope crunches going below parallel & weighted declines.

qt, i have not worked obliques in lawd knows how long. You aren't the only one. The only time I ever did was with twisting bicycles & those BURNNNNNNNNNNN... :)

For me, specific oblique work thickens up my midsection, kinda like add/abductor work 'thickens' my thighs, I WANT a gap there.

There is a trampoline that I set upright and toss the medicine ball off that when I'm sans partner. Good luck girl.

Good suggestions here.
I was thinking of tossing it against a wall some of the medicine balls are kinda bouncy I will make sure to try this in the womans only area as to lesson the amount of people I look like a fool in front of. LOL

superqt4u2nv said:
I was thinking of tossing it against a wall some of the medicine balls are kinda bouncy I will make sure to try this in the womans only area as to lesson the amount of people I look like a fool in front of. LOL
I would also suggest that as well on a mat or if you can throw a decline bench in front of it, and make the eccentric a slow full rep, NOT pulling with your legs, they are just there to hold you, not to pull you up, so you really focus on the abdomen.

This contraption I have used is in the middle of the walkway from the wo/mens locker room lol... I'm sure I've hit something/one at some point :) Ha ha! :worried::verygood:

Doe sanyone feel the burn much faster and more intense once you ARE leaner?
When my BF% is higher it takes many more reps for me to feel the burn in abs...
I am guessing the blood flow is "spreading" itself around instead of going directly to do muscle wall...

Top Bottom