Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Needs some direction

I have known that for quite some time but always felt "guilty". Now I am seeing the results of that guilt, mentaly as well as physically. At 39 I am by no means "old" but the body still quite isn't what it used to be. I am realizing that I am going to have to work harder than I did 10-15 years ago. My family is great, but you are right it is time to tell them to hold on for a little while so I can do for myself.

I have a very expensive elliptical machine in my house. Number of times I have used it in the last 3 years: 3.

I have a hard time motivating myself and luckily recognized it pretty early on. I hired a trainer and a nutritionist and with that accountability it is easy to do what I need to do. I work out in the AM before my SO is even out of bed - that could work for you, too.

CK needs to get in here :)

Sassy Great info!!

GG is so right - do something for yourself :)

Welcome to EF & Stay with it!!!

I really appreciate everyones input and help. It is time that I put myself first. I already picked up the BODY FOR LIFE recomended by Sassy. Hope to get started on it tonight. It is going to be a challenge getting myself into a routine and unfortunately getting up early is not really much of an option for me, I will have to make some major life changes before that can happen. I wasn't sure if this was the place for me since I am not wanting to compete but everyone has been very friendly and welcoming and I like what I am seeing. I think I am going to like it here.

Thanks again all!

2Cheeky said:
Hello,

I want to start working out (again) but I am having a hard time getting motivated. Between being a fulltime mom of 12 and 8 y/o's and working a fulltime job outside of the house I am finding it hard to get started. I am 39 and have done just about all of the classes off and on for years. It has been about 1 yr since I have done anything seriously. I had a medical situation that sidelined me for about a week and then the kids started school and the next thing I new months had passed w/ no exercising. I hope it is ok for me to post here, I am not looking to compete or build alot of muscle but I do want to tighten and trim my tush and legs (I have always had weak legs) and I would like to build up my arms some. I do not wish to use a bunch of supplements. I do take various vitamins and am currently using mega citrimax. I don't have a membership to a gym, and I don't really want to invest in one. I do have a weight bench w/ a bar, various weighted dumbbells, a curl bar, body bag, treadmill and other various items. I have tried to use these items and do exercises that I have come across in magaznines. It is very frustrating to have all of this but not having the motivation to use them. I can come up with excuses (not reasons) why I am not doing anything. I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get started. With everything I have going on in my life right now, my concentration is not focused on myself. I would like to change that without taking anything away from my family. I am the kind of person who just needs a little direction to start with and then I can take it from there. I am posting with the hope of getting some direction. I have been reading some of the threads and people here seem to really know what they are talking about.

Thanks!

HELLLOOOOO, The girls here are fantastic and will help you out BIG time!!!!!

I didn't start at the gym either, and I still workout at home if I have no time to get there. It sounds like you have the same set up as me at home. I have 4 kids soooo I know what you are saying about time!!!!!

However, us HOT MOMS have to MAKE the time!

MEALS
I started out with the BODY FOR LIFE as well, 6 meals a day and I find it is actually quicker than sitting down for just 3 meals.

WORKOUT

I started out very small with my workouts to get into the swing of things. I wrote down a schedule and I stuck with it! Writing things down for me at least makes everything more concrete and I feel guilty if I don't. I also worked out at night after the kids went to bed so I wouldn't feel so guilty.... with that said this is what I started out with.....

all 3x8
always a 10 minute warm up- treadmill

Pick three exercises/don't do all of this in one day LOL

Legs - walking lunges/step up on bench with weights in hand/calve raises on stairs/squats with weights in hands (inside the legs and outside)/ hamstring curls with ball/ stationary lunges/leg lifts

biceps - hammer curls, barbell curls, dumb bell curls, concentration curls, hammer curls/ twist curls

triceps - overhead extension/ kickbacks/skull crushers/ french press/dips

chest - push ups (decline, incline and flat) / flat flye/

back - bent over rows

shoulders - military press, front raise, rear delt row/ side lat raise

I would usually do
day one - legs/shoulders (30min cardio)
day two - back and bis (30 min cardio)
day three - chest and tris (30 min cardio)
day four - day off
day five - legs/calves (30 minutes cardio)
day six - day off

You can switch it up, move things around to suit your needs, add more, I had to a lot of the times due to my schedule but I always wrote down the whole week of what I was going to do and I made a firm commitment, told everyone and hubby supported me on the days I had to do it when the kids were up. But that is where I started.. and I have been flying ever since.

If your looking for motivation, this is the place the girls/and guys are AWESOME.

I won't wish good luck, but have fun!!!! :heart:

Thanks CK. I copied and saved your routines, this is a great starting point. I love the fact that you have 4 kids and you can still make time for yourself. I have 2 (great) kids. Your time demands are twice mine, you go girl! It is also good to see someone who is like me and making it work for themself. I know I can do this and the more I see and hear from the people here the more excited I am getting. I can't wait to soar!

2Cheeky said:
Thanks CK. I copied and saved your routines, this is a great starting point. I love the fact that you have 4 kids and you can still make time for yourself. I have 2 (great) kids. Your time demands are twice mine, you go girl! It is also good to see someone who is like me and making it work for themself. I know I can do this and the more I see and hear from the people here the more excited I am getting. I can't wait to soar!

Trust me, it will be worth it to make the time! You WILL feel better and in turn so will everyone else, and on another note, switch things up in a month, every month I changed my routine so it doesn't become boring. After a month of straight exercising I was hooked, but I still have to plan my day around my exercising, everyday or I won't be able to do it.

with the lunges/squats and doing your legs twice a week your butt will be sooooo toned. I had the same problem, and I had cellulite, but if you eat clean the cellulite (if you have any) WILL go away. I am living proof, cause I had lots all over my legs and in 3 months of clean eating and exercising it was gone, I don't know if it will be the same for you cause everybody is different but just telling you my experience.

and on the days you are tired, MAKE yourself do it!!! as well, I found eating clean ALL the time was/is really hard. Some say eat a cheat meal some say have a cheat day. Whatever you choose, don't feel guilty after and I am the worst for this but DON"T weigh yourself after LOL. As well drink tons of water. I take a 4 litre milk jug, fill it with water and drink the entire thing in a day. At first the scale will go up so don't look LOL but trust me it is worth it!!!!

Also when my kids are up and I am exercising they do it with me, they love it and now are showing me their muscles, plus it is cute.

I am glad you are getting excited, and I hope I can help you in anyway. Are you going to start to log like everyone else? I hope so it is very motivating and helpful.

Oh yeah, whether you post them or not. PROGRESS pictures are major important. Take some now of your body and then after a month of exercising and eating right, take them again. TRUST ME, you will see a difference and it is completely motivating, as well, maybe see if a gym will test your body fat versus going by your weight, cause muscle weighs more than fat.

again, I was 136 with 24% body fat (size 12) then I was 136 with 16% bodyfat (size 4) see huge difference and that way you won't get frustrated if you choose to go by the scale and don't see it go down.

Top Bottom