Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boosting Immune System?

MR. BMJ said:
I wrote the following on the AAS board like a month ago...probably forgot a few, but like I stated in the thread, I was bored and just wrote it up in like 5 minutes:)
----------------

I'm bored so I thought i'd throw out some stuff that may help during the flu/cold season that we are currently in the middle of. Here is a list of supplements, etc, that I have compiled from over the years from different members and boards.

1.) Get enough Sleep and Rest.
2.) Wash your hands frequently.
3.) Get proper nutrients of food for nourishment and repair.
4.) Get a yearly flu shot.
5.) 1-2 gallons H20 per day.
6.) Go to MD and find out if sickness is Viral or a bacterial infection.

Supplements: (In no particular order)

1.) Black Elderberry (Sambucal)
2.) r-ALA
3.) Olive Leaf Extract
4.) Arabinogalactin (Larch Leaf Ectract)
5.) Astralagus
6.) Beta Glucans
7.) Grapeseed Extract (OPC)
8.) EQuipoise (EPO is best)
9.) Zinc
10.) Vit E and C
11.) Multi-Vitamin
12.) Folic Acid
13.) Glutamine
14.) Whey protein
15.) Green Tea Extract
16.) Airborne

For dosing of most of the herbal extracts, be sure to find a quality company with the highest standardized amount possible. Also, for dosing, most will have directions on the bottle of how to take. There will usually be a low-high range (ex...3-5 caps/pills, 2x/d, etc) of dosing stated on the bottle. For the most part, dosing for PREVENTATIVE measures, you can follow the recommended dosages, and probably at the low end of dosing. For CURATIVE measures, take the high end of dosing, and for some, upping it to 2-3 times that amount, 'may' be beneficial for recovery.

Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you

BMJ
ya we have that. :)

MR. BMJ said:
I wrote the following on the AAS board like a month ago...probably forgot a few, but like I stated in the thread, I was bored and just wrote it up in like 5 minutes:)
----------------

I'm bored so I thought i'd throw out some stuff that may help during the flu/cold season that we are currently in the middle of. Here is a list of supplements, etc, that I have compiled from over the years from different members and boards.

1.) Get enough Sleep and Rest.
2.) Wash your hands frequently.
3.) Get proper nutrients of food for nourishment and repair.
4.) Get a yearly flu shot.
5.) 1-2 gallons H20 per day.
6.) Go to MD and find out if sickness is Viral or a bacterial infection.

Supplements: (In no particular order)

1.) Black Elderberry (Sambucal)
2.) r-ALA
3.) Olive Leaf Extract
4.) Arabinogalactin (Larch Leaf Ectract)
5.) Astralagus
6.) Beta Glucans
7.) Grapeseed Extract (OPC)
8.) EQuipoise (EPO is best)
9.) Zinc
10.) Vit E and C
11.) Multi-Vitamin
12.) Folic Acid
13.) Glutamine
14.) Whey protein
15.) Green Tea Extract
16.) Airborne

For dosing of most of the herbal extracts, be sure to find a quality company with the highest standardized amount possible. Also, for dosing, most will have directions on the bottle of how to take. There will usually be a low-high range (ex...3-5 caps/pills, 2x/d, etc) of dosing stated on the bottle. For the most part, dosing for PREVENTATIVE measures, you can follow the recommended dosages, and probably at the low end of dosing. For CURATIVE measures, take the high end of dosing, and for some, upping it to 2-3 times that amount, 'may' be beneficial for recovery.

Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you

BMJ

BMJ! BMJ! BMJ!

Keep in mind the herbals, like echinacea, elderberry, olive leaf, etc., are no good to take on a regular basis, they work best when you think you've been exposed to a bug or you're trying to come down sick.

Really the best things you can do are eat a balanced diet, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitamin with a few extras (glutamine, vit. C, co-Q), wash your hands constantly and keep doorknobs, light switches, telephones and anything else that little hands -- and even other family members -- will be touching SCRUPULOUSLY clean, with antibacterials/alcohol/lysol EVERY DAY (seriously, no matter how much you wash your hands, keeping the surfaces that harbor the nasties inhospitable, I've found, can be the most helpful).

And most importantly, keep stress to a minimum and get sufficient sleep, that is utterly critical for keeping your immune function operating optimum.

I am doing most of that at school - not so much at home. Since I come into DIRECT contact with over 60 5 year olds everyday, we wipe down EVERYTHING with lysol/clorox wipes everyday.

Trying to up my water intake - right now it hovers just below a gallon of fluid. Sleep, getting about 7-8 hours a night during the week, with naps on the weekend. Feeling pretty rested, but really - are you ever WELL RESTED when you have a toddler? lol

Very little stress in my life - love my job, my family is all healthy and happy, relationships good. :)

Now if I could ONLY find a germ-free bubble to stay inside at work ........

Top Bottom