Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

body fat and body weight

totalbody1

Hi there!

I've been training with most of my clients for about 6 weeks, predominantly women with weight loss goals. After doing a weigh in and measurements at the monthly mark, I was shocked at how little weight each of them lost. Body fat percentages had dropped by 3-5%, but actual body weight only budged by 2 lbs or less. I know for the client, they hate seeing the scale with the same numbers as when they started, and I try to explain that lean muscle weighs more than fat, butI'm afraid they will get discouraged.
I guess I question my program design too. Most are on a 2 day/wk schedule, where we do total body work on both days, using small circuits and super-sets with bursts of bike or running. Excercies consist of squats, step-ups, lunges, lat-pulldowns, chest press, etc.
Any suggestions on working with women with weight loss goals?

Thanks!

The scale is evil. The more I work out the more I get on it. The more I work out the more useless it is. Go figure!
Hopefully, they notice their clothes are getting loose in all the right places.

thanks for your response, bikinimom!

I do try my best to tell them that they are adopting a lifestyle and that success can be measured in many ways.
If they are following my plan, they should be active 4 days out of the week. I have them on a 4 day cardio plan on top of the 2 days they see me, which consits of 2 days of low intensity cardio lasting from 40-50 minutes, then 2 days of High Intensity cardio lasting from 20-30 minutes of intervals. Do you think this is a good plan?

I dont like to use the scale, I tell people to look in the mirror and look at their sizes

GREAT READ bikinimom

Last edited:
I think that women who train really need to focus on the bf% and the loss of inches...I trained and ran a full marathon and only lost 3 pounds total....but droped a ton of inches and bf%.....when I lift I always gain a little or stay the same even though size is changing...

THE SCALE SUCKS.....lol

How can you measure bodyfat cheaply? I had mine done at a scammy "weight loss clinic"using a tanita scale and I dont think my gym offers it. What other ways are there?

To be honest, I really don't see the need to know bf%. I mean, what is the point? Judging progress (or lack thereof) is much better defined by how you feel, how your clothing fits and what PROGRESS PICS say. Because you see yourself in the mirror every day it is easy to lose your sense of what is truly real. Pictures have a way of removing that *momentary* real time vision.

Does that make sense to anyone?

exactly bikinimom... just go by your overall health, how you feel and look.

Top Bottom