Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Fat %

I just got tested yesterday at the gym with a little hand held thing. Dont know what its called... But I gave it my height and weight, then squeezed on it (like a video game controler) and it gave me my body fat%. I though the only way to find out was with a caliper or water displacment!

Anyway, I am at %10.9... Which is the lowest I have ever been! But, I think every single fat cell that I have is on my tummy!! How low do I have to get my body fat before i see the 6 pack that I know is hiding in there somewhere... I thought Id be able to see it by now...

I had mine done at the gym yesterday too 17%.. and when the lady asked what my goals were and i said to lsoe more fat.. she said that it wasnt necessary..

She actually told me i went to the gym too much and should do less cardio.

It's funny trainers.. they just want your money... She tells me im in great shalep 135lbs, 17% body fat, resting heart rate everytihng is good.. thne goes on to tell me how much i will benfit from personal training..

Even she couldn't keep a straight face.. my sister and i went together.. the trainer could barely keep a straight face while trying to give us the speal..

O BROTHER

kjgray said:
I just got tested yesterday at the gym with a little hand held thing. Dont know what its called... But I gave it my height and weight, then squeezed on it (like a video game controler) and it gave me my body fat%. I though the only way to find out was with a caliper or water displacment!

Anyway, I am at %10.9... Which is the lowest I have ever been! But, I think every single fat cell that I have is on my tummy!! How low do I have to get my body fat before i see the 6 pack that I know is hiding in there somewhere... I thought Id be able to see it by now...

The method you used is bio-impedance. It shoots a little electricity through your body and it bounces off the fat i nyour body. How long it takes to come out is how much body fat you have.

This is a HIGHLY flawed test. The results are rarely accurate. The amount of fluid in your body can throw the test off - if you are fully hydrated it is a little closer, but if you are even A LITTLE under-hydrated, it will be off.

I am not saying you are not 10%, but a female at 10% is VERY VERY lean. At this BF%, you would likely have a few abs sticking out, if not a 6 pack. You should be able to see serious muscle definition in your arms, probably back and legs too.

I'd stick with calipers, Bod Pod, or hydrostatic.

Daisy_Girl said:
The method you used is bio-impedance. It shoots a little electricity through your body and it bounces off the fat i nyour body. How long it takes to come out is how much body fat you have.

This is a HIGHLY flawed test. The results are rarely accurate. The amount of fluid in your body can throw the test off - if you are fully hydrated it is a little closer, but if you are even A LITTLE under-hydrated, it will be off.

I am not saying you are not 10%, but a female at 10% is VERY VERY lean. At this BF%, you would likely have a few abs sticking out, if not a 6 pack. You should be able to see serious muscle definition in your arms, probably back and legs too.

I'd stick with calipers, Bod Pod, or hydrostatic.

Plus, the hand-held bio-impedance things only test the upper body fat % while the ones you stand on only test the lower bf%

Suffice it to say I have no idea what my bf% is -- my gym doesn't do testing & if they did I wouldn't trust their measurements as none of them are fitness pros....But it's all in my waist & just below my ass..... *sigh*

I am at about 15% right now. No cheat days in sight!

I am still getting my monthly, which suprises me a bit only because I usually lose it once my BF gets this low. (I still have some more work to do but I am satisfied with my BF around 15%).

They charge at my gym to do the caliper test. Sigh. I'm going to ask the trainer tomorrow if he'll do it for me for free. He wants me to hire him so maybe he'll go along with it.

I'd guess I'm about 15%, though.

Top Bottom