Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats more impressive BIG LIFTS or Big BOD?

Chicks point of view.....put up the numbers. I'd take a strong man over a big shredded guy any day. If you want to turn me on, throw around some iron!
:kitty:

I guess I am fortunate to be big and lean enough to get attention from girls in the clubs and strong enough to scare the shit out of most people in my gym. Pushing up a ton of weight doesn't mean much to me if your body looks like shit....unless you compete in powerlifting. I was impressed as hell by the guys in the Olympics who could Clean and Jerk three times their body weight though. I guess it depends on what motivates you to train. V3

I am sure Corky is strong. (Remember "Adam Ramsay"?) I would rather look good. If you bodybuild I'm sure you're probably strong enough for most sports, probably more so than most others.

Some people compete as powerlifters or throw around telephone poles for a living, but the rest of us just want to have nice looking arms. :D

It's all good.

Amp Lee said:
If you bodybuild I'm sure you're probably strong enough for most sports, probably more so than most others.

You could not be more incorrect. Bodybuilders spend hours and hours ISOLATING muscles. Athletes do the exact opposite. I promise you, being a "bodybuilder" in no way develops the type of functional strength necessary to fight off a 600 lb double-team, or develop a 100+mph slapshot. Did you see that one idiot american bodybuilder who competed in the worlds strongest man competition several years ago? He looked great, and got his fucking ass kicked. He embarrassed himself.

From girls I've talked to, most prefer a lean, ripped, and hard guy compared to some less defined, bigger, bulkier strongman. How many "average" girls know the difference between benching 275 or 400? Guess it depends on who the guy wants to impress. I try to throw up the big weights (relatively speaking) to try to intimidate guys in the gym, but try to work on physique to impress the ladies in the gym and out.

Are we all forgetting???

Pushing big weights in the gym translates directly into building big muscles. The stronger you are, the more work you can do, the bigger your muscles become. Adapt and overcome. Get as strong as you can and you will be transformed into a brick shithouse. Being ripped is all about diet and 4% bodyfat isn't healthy all the time.

StoneColdGold said:

Did you see that one idiot american bodybuilder who competed in the worlds strongest man competition several years ago? He looked great, and got his fucking ass kicked. He embarrassed himself.

excuse me.

Curtis Leffler (RIP) is the "idiot american bodybuilder" that you are referring to. he won the Hawaii's strongest man contest years ago and that is no ordinary feat, as there are many very good strength athletes here in Hawaii....powerlifting here in Hawaii is much bigger than bodybuilding, and anyone who competes in both PL and BBing has my ultimate respect. Curtis was one of those rare individuals who was strong and looked great. he was a total genetic package and was a pure class act....definately one of the nicest guys i have ever met.

you have to remember, world class strongman competition is something that takes 100% dedication. obviously, curtis had other things he was focusing on during the preparation of these events, or he would not have looked that defined and bodybuilder-like. he was definately one of the lightest guys in the competition, notable something that is not taken into account in strongman competitions.

so who are you to talk? next time think before you post.

This is a great topic fellows as I wage this debate with myself all of the time. I am fortunate because I am able to carry enough body weight with manageable body fat levels so as not to look too fat. I'm 285 at 14% body fat right now, I'll be 265 at 9 or 10% b/f when I'm through cutting. I'll look lean enough for a non competitive bb and still show enough muscle mass to impress while at the same time holding on to enough body weight to move a respectable amount of iron. So I kind of enjoy the best of both worlds. For me, the bigger I become, the stronger I am. One begets the other. Obviously, this is not universally applicable to everyone. I'm married, celebrating my 10 year anniversary today, have a pair of little ones, so my time in the sun with the girls is over. Based on that, I suppose I value strength over other things at this point. Of course, I want the misses to keep me, so I guess I better keep myself looking decent too.

I'd rather look great than be able to lift huge weight. It's a pain in the ass finding a spotter that can handle the weight now.....imagine being under a 700lb squat and having a leg give out, who could lift the bar off of you?

Top Bottom