Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what strength workouts do you like?

BigCbear

now everyone knowns bench, squat and deadlift are the most common strength building excerises but most of us have are own technique or speical workouts we do to help raise are strength in the big three and i was wondering if anyone would like to share some of there workouts they like to do to either add strengh or size. weather it be a variation or a completly different workout... like for me i like to do alot of millitary press and dumbell skull crushers since bench has alot to do with shoulders and tri's along with chest,

ohhhh i love good mornings its a shame i never see anyone but me doing them in my gym,,, my problem with my deadlift is my grip gives out first and i dont like using straps since some comps dont let you use them so i been really focusing on grip workouts

military press for bench
pullthroughs are good for deadlift
I like heavy situps and ab work for deads and squats

ohhhh i love good mornings its a shame i never see anyone but me doing them in my gym,,, my problem with my deadlift is my grip gives out first and i dont like using straps since some comps dont let you use them so i been really focusing on grip workouts

grip is my limiting factor too...
what fed do you lift in?...
i lift USPF, and barely qualified for the deadlift invatational this weekend, but sitting it out because i took some time off training and dont feel ready to step on that level of a stage...
hopefully next year i can be ready and qualify for full power...
but yea, goodmornings are the best assist imo... like you, i never see anyone else do them...

For DL:
Heavy seated rows
Rack pulls
front squats
5x8x60% deads after every workout

For squat:
Low box squats
RDL
Squats with bands/chains
GHR

The other thing that really helps is all my event training. Running with a frame or yoke, stone loads, overhead pressing of odd heavy objects, etc.

B-

MOYA i dont lift for a fed anymore.. i took some time off weight lifting for a while and i just recently got back into it and now since im back into it i cant belive i ever stoped when i get my pump going i feel invincible and i cantn seem to get enough. we are having some local comps around my area and i plan on signing up for them and see how i do but my lifts still arent great im stronger then most and im gaining strength fast from muscle memory...

good info guys i really wanted to post this thread for anyone who is having problems with strength and whats to know some insider secrets cuz most people think if you lack in one of them you should focus on just that workout for example if you lack in deadlift then you should do deadlift which is true somtimes but there are other times when i have actually raised my max not even doing the workout i lack in but doing other workouts that help..

TBLOCK1 i have never done to many pull throughs but i might try them a couple times and see how i likem

BBlazer i forgot all about front squat thats a great workout im deff going to have to start doing them

Top Bottom