Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quads, Hams, Trunks, Calves..wnt2bbeast!!!!!!!

JKurz1

Banned
What the hell was I thinking? Probably the more important ingredient to a solid training foundation, and I forgot it.........well, not really, but I didn't make the post so here it is............POST YOUR F-ING LEG ROUTINE, SETS, REPS, LENGTH OF TIME, FREQUENCY and let the big boys shred it to pieces......or, let them at least adapt it into their own training philosohies....I've tried a different routine each day this week thanks to the other posts.............thans for the reminder Beast.................

Honestly, my leg workouts are pretty simple.

Squats 6 sets
-2 warm up 10 reps
-1 transition 10 reps
-3 worksets for about 8,6,4 respectively (to failure)

I probly rest 2 minutes between those

Then

Front squats 2 x 8 to failure (about 2 mins rest)

Lying leg curls, 3 x 15, 12, 12 last 2 sets to failure. (about 1.5 min rest)

Seated calve raise 3 x 25 reps (30sec rest)
Standing one leg calve raise 3 x 25 (30sec rest)

I really train calves for the squeeze more than anything.

Always worked pretty well for me.

JKurz1 said:
What the hell was I thinking? Probably the more important ingredient to a solid training foundation, and I forgot it.........well, not really, but I didn't make the post so here it is............POST YOUR F-ING LEG ROUTINE, SETS, REPS, LENGTH OF TIME, FREQUENCY and let the big boys shred it to pieces......or, let them at least adapt it into their own training philosohies....I've tried a different routine each day this week thanks to the other posts.............thans for the reminder Beast.................

Ha Ha you got it bro!!! I know the quads maybe arent the first thing ladies look for so thats why "some" bro's neglect them...But if you want to add meat, weight and size to ur body they shouldnt be neglected...Anyway ive suffered from many sports related knee injuries since i was 15..At that time i was squatting 315 for 6-8 reps..I was basically told to stay away from straining my knee if i ever wanted to play hockey again so thats what i did..But since then my knee never felt right so ive trained legs on and off but not very heavy..until now, i have a renewed energy for trainng quads..Its not very elaborate but im working my way into squatting big again..
Leg ex wrm ups
Squats 5x5
Reverse hacks (surprisingly they do not bother my knee and you can really pile the weight on with this machine) 3-5 sets pyramiding the weights up 20 reps down to 6-8 reps
leg ex 2-4 sets 8-10 reps

I tend to squat with a narrow stance and the reverse hacks work the glutes nice..only other thing i do for hammies are some sldl and leg curls..usually fit those in during the week.

whats...............with...............all..........these.....................periods?????????????............squat...................and.................shut..............up............

TheOak84 said:
whats...............with...............all..........these.....................periods?????????????............squat...................and.................shut..............up............

yeah it's almost as annoying as when your caps key gets stuck! - j/k bro

as for leg routine - squats, sldl, seated calf raises, hack squats, and even though i might get laughed at.....lol......heavy leg extensions. always worked well for me.

Last edited:
TheOak84 said:

No joke He-man...Geezus Oak, shut your mouth...you are the last person that needs to BE CRITQUeing SOMEone's TYPing or WRiting SKillz....DOES thiIS Look FAMIliar? GET a F-ing NEw KeyBoard or TAKE a TYPing Class.....

Destroyer1986* said:
Dear god. you have any footage of that? because that is damn impressive.

Damn i wish i did..Just my name in a book that the trainer kept at my school..It was mostly for the football guys, my school developed lots of great athletes..Mo Vaughn couple of others..Needless to say im working my way back up to that kind of weight..The funny thing when i was that young the only thing i ever did was play hockey (ice skate) almost everyday and of course sprints in practice really developed my quads..I lifted upper body but once per week i would squat..

JKurz1 said:
No joke He-man...Geezus Oak, shut your mouth...you are the last person that needs to BE CRITQUeing SOMEone's TYPing or WRiting SKillz....DOES thiIS Look FAMIliar? GET a F-ing NEw KeyBoard or TAKE a TYPing Class.....

anyway, if you wanna be like needsize so bad, just do 'his' 5x5 routine, youll prolly like it and gain some size and strenght.

btw i took a speed typing class and averaged 90 GWAM, grammatic words a minuet. 70 on the final with 0 errors.

SO....................LICK.........................MY................sack................... :) ..............

Top Bottom