Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pre workout shoulder stretching

JDid23

what do you guys do for your shoulder stretching pre workout? I am desperately in need of something.

thanks!

I don't necessarily stretch, but I usually just take some real light weight and do maybe 15 or so reps to kind of warm up the muscle.

thanks glad.. yeah sure try it or try different variations. on a heavy shoulder day, i spend about 15-20 minutes warming up with alot of these exercises. but i use mostly the bands, even on ones he uses dumbbells for. the one where he holds both ends of the bands and moves his arms from front to back, this is probably my favorite one to do. everything is in the high rep, very low weight range. theres a few videos though, i just picked a few exercises i liked and mixed and matched. i havent had any bad shoulder pain since i started, just a little when i do the "protractions" he does idk why that one just hurts my shoulder for some reason

Ok thanks a lot man. Do you find that these hinder your strength during your workout? Maybe the reason my old stretching made me feel a little weaker is because I included light sets of laterals and front raises?

Ok thanks a lot man. Do you find that these hinder your strength during your workout? Maybe the reason my old stretching made me feel a little weaker is because I included light sets of laterals and front raises?

not at all. cause its more of a warm up than a stretch. ill do some deep range of motion to get a good quick stretch, but never hold it. i never do any actual stretches where you hold a certain position before a workout because those can kill your strength. i keep the resistance very light but do it for a good 15-20 minutes gets blood pumping through my shoulders really good, by the time im done i just feel pumped up and ready to go.

I swear by DC stretches. I used them ON/OFF DC training.

Top Bottom