Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mark henry, drugs olys etc

The article was interesting but I don't buy it. The reason he didn't medal in Atlanta was because he lacks the discipline and athletic ability to become a world class weightlifter not because everyone else was on drugs. And I've spoken with Dragomir and Bob Morris (National Coach and resident coach at OTC in Colorado) about Mark Henry and they said he never trained. In fact, they threw him out of the OTC because of it. If you look at it, here's a guy who could backsquat (suit) close to 1000 Lbs, deadlift 900 Lbs front squat over 660Lbs etc. yet he's whining that the other guys are drug taking cheaters. He did say on many occasions that he was the strongest man in the world ... well guess not according to the article. Mark Henry was a big disappointment for USAW and the general feeling about him leaving is GOOD RIDDANCE.

Funny story about Mark Henry in Altanta. Had a lot of friends that were helping out at the games. A buddy of mine saw Mark Henry front squat 660 Lbs easy in the training hall. He said everyone in the place stopped what they were doing to watch. A couple days later he's competing. My friend is sitting behind the German team and in front of some of the other American lifters. The Germans in front are laughing at Henry (probably in disbelief of how little he was lifting for his strength.) One of the American lifters, Paul Fleschler, is doing a 'play by play' of Henry's lifts. What's funny is when he missed a snatch with a relatively light weight for him, apparently Fleschler said " Now watch he'll hold on to his back like he's injured" which apparently he did right on queue.

Last edited:
kiloamp said:
The reason he didn't medal in Atlanta was because he lacks the discipline and athletic ability to become a world class weightlifter not because everyone else was on drugs.

That's a load of bullshit. He lost, so he blamed it on the competitors using drugs, instead of taking responsibility for himself. What a baby.

Mark just needed to get off his ass and give it more time. Shane Hammon will make him look like a schoolboy.

Dial_tone said:
Mark just needed to get off his ass and give it more time. Shane Hammon will make him look like a schoolboy.

Agreed. And Shane Hammon has already made Henry look like a schoolboy. My prediction is another 4 years Hammon will be in the medals. The only thing working against him is the late start to the sport and father time.

What Henry needed to be a champion doesn't come in a bottle. He had the strength and explosiveness of any of the top weightlifters but he lacked the timing, flexability, balance and heart (cliché but true) to be one of the best. If he devoted himself 100% to the sport, he may have gotten up to the top 5 but I doubt he had what it takes to have become number.

And I'm not saying that Terry Todd's article wasn't entirely true. I don't know if Mark Henry has ever taking steroids but knowing that Terry Todd himself used steroids and how widely accepted they are in some powerlifting federations, I have my doubts for the claim of being lifetime clean. I guess it's kind of like when Carl Lewis lost to Ben Johnson. Remember how Lewis became an outspoken critic against steroid and performance enhancing drug use in sports after getting smoked by Johnson. Well if the rumors about human growth hormone use are true (former teammates' allegations) he could have advocated against them as strongly as he wished because they didn't have a test at the time. I suspect something similar for the situation with Henry.

Last edited:
Someone posted the link on a popular Olympic lifting forum. Interesting responses by a few:

http://www.goheavy.com/forums/olympic/index.cgi/read/62620

edit: I should have said Matt Foreman is a good superheavy and his opinion I have a lot of respect for. His response to the article is probably the most fair and likely the closest to the truth. Chris LaRue was a clean and jerk record holder but he frequently stirs up a lot of shit on this forum (still respect his opinion though.) A lot of nuts on that forum (Mike Rinaldi aka Italian Halibut :confused: ), I don't post my name unless I absolutely have to, it's just not worth the abuse.

Last edited:
I thought this article just had too much whining and complaining in it. I don't know if Henry was drug free or not, and I don't really care.

He knew what he was getting into when he decided to compete in the olympics.

Who knows (or cares) if Mark Henry has ever used steroids. He knows what it takes. Sure, he was stronger than all of his friends, but if he wants to beat guys with the same natural strength who also use steroids, then, he knew what he had to do.

Who gives a fuck if he was natural, he got smoked, the only person who cares that he didn't use roids is Mark himself, that article was nothing but whining and crying. If Mark Henry is proud that he stayed natural and still made it ot the olympics, thats a great thing, but keep it to yourself and your close friends, nobody else cares because he got blown up, and instead of whining, he should have either just shut up and felt proud about what HE did or he should have done whatever he had to.

In the end all that matters is who won, not who did what they did in spite of everyone else's 'cheating'.....it is a level playing field, AAS are available to all, if you choose not to use them, thats great, but nobody else cares to hear you complain that the only reason you lost is because everyone else used drugs, they beat you using all that was available....bottom line.

Top Bottom