Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you could be a pro BB.

Would you become a pro bodybuilder if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
I would like to go pro for like a year, but now its simply to unhealthy to want to be in the game as long as those guys do. I give them all the credit, their lifes cannot be much but the sport with the dedication that is needed. I would take arnolds body any day before the rest. I think with hard work and mild cycles you can maintain his body in his younger years(if you had the genetics of course).

rusbus01 said:
who gives a shit about the money if ur in it for the money pick another sport

yeah exactly what i was thinking and about to say but u got to it before me :)

Who gives a shit how much you make..if you wanna be a pro you better have the dedication, consistency, genetics, and most importantly, the heart and desire to place well. I just do it as a hobby and for fun, i have a life and career outside of this...just started paramedic school and getting my BSE in exercise science this summer (interning now). Since i dont plan on this being my career, i have paramedic school as my money making career, and #1 priority. Just cuz priority #2 (bodybuilding) isnt at the top doesnt mean its not my fun priority, cuz it definately is, and i love it (thats what'll keep u going in this sport). If you have the ambition, drive, and goals, and knowledge to implement those goals...you can make your own destiny.

rusbus01 said:
who gives a shit about the money if ur in it for the money pick another sport

Tell that to the mortgage company after you just spent $75K on contest prep and won a $60K purse for 1st place-you're still $15K in the hole. I remember Strydom renting a 2 room apartment above Powerhouse in Venice-he didn't even own a car. Talk about sacrifices-I can't imagine living like that regardless of how big and ripped I was.

In the grand scheme of life, just how important is being #1 in a sport that pays pennies by comparison to other pro sports? Very few bodybuilders will ever be household names like Arnold,Lou Ferrigno, etc. Especially when the fan base is comprised of a cult following of fags and freaks that will forget about you the minute you're injured or your health takes a shit. In addition, the general public will never respect you-you'll just be another roided up freak that lacks self respect to most.

Fuck pro BB-unless I was guaranteed a 6 fig/yr income to compete in one show a yr it wouldn't be worth it. And even then I'd have to give it serious thought. I chose to walk away from competing after feeling I was readyy to compete nationally. Once I objectively researched what it would entail along with the ongoing political factors where some competitors offer sexual favors to the judges in return for higher placement, I said no thanks.

BigCracker said:
Tell that to the mortgage company after you just spent $75K on contest prep and won a $60K purse for 1st place-you're still $15K in the hole. I remember Strydom renting a 2 room apartment above Powerhouse in Venice-he didn't even own a car. Talk about sacrifices-I can't imagine living like that regardless of how big and ripped I was.

In the grand scheme of life, just how important is being #1 in a sport that pays pennies by comparison to other pro sports? Very few bodybuilders will ever be household names like Arnold,Lou Ferrigno, etc. Especially when the fan base is comprised of a cult following of fags and freaks that will forget about you the minute you're injured or your health takes a shit. In addition, the general public will never respect you-you'll just be another roided up freak that lacks self respect to most.

Fuck pro BB-unless I was guaranteed a 6 fig/yr income to compete in one show a yr it wouldn't be worth it. And even then I'd have to give it serious thought. I chose to walk away from competing after feeling I was readyy to compete nationally. Once I objectively researched what it would entail along with the ongoing political factors where some competitors offer sexual favors to the judges in return for higher placement, I said no thanks.

if your looking fame or money this sport isnt for you....you have to love this shit ....you have to love everything from eating fucking nasty ass food, not going out , sticking yourself with needles, the list goes on an on and if that list doesnt give u a boner just thinking about the possibilities dont try and be a pro bb .......for some people winning that fucking trophy or just doing it for the sake of being diffrent then everyone else is enough the people who look for the money and fame will most likely be dissapointed in the end.... LOVE THIS FUCKING SHIT

BigCracker said:

150% CORRECT!!!!! Its a little hard telling your landlord you cant pay the rent because you came in 15th place at the Classic. Even if you say you're doing it for the love of the sport, the love isnt going to pay the bills. Pro BB'ing is a 24hr a day job, and to say fuck the money, just doesnt cut it.

steelmass said:
I'd want to look like Ronnie... but bigger...

LMAO! Ronnies a genetic freak! :D

But the way the judging is going these days, guys like Ronnie and Jay are going to be a thing of the past. Pro BB'ing has been a far to political for sport for too long now, and its time they went back to judging on over all body comp and looks rather than judging on who the person is.

Top Bottom