Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hit a 385 deadlift yesturday!!!???

thriller

well i hadnt done then in a while but iv been doing power cleans alot with 135 with ease. well i bent my back alittle going up on the deadlift. is this ok?? it was a slite bend.
but now my lower back is all cramped up. what should i do???
please help i hope i didnt hurt anythnig!!

ps never again will i be so stupid. im kinda scared that i hurt my back thats all

I would suggest active recovery (either with bands or light weight), and hot/cold therapy. Just take a broomstick and mimic the deadlift move for 15-20 reps to get blood and oxygen flowing back through your muscles. Might need to do it a few times throughout the day. Drink lots of water to help flush out the toxins.

...oh, and NICE LIFT !!!

Be careful with your form dude....
I know I've tweaked my back doing deads and I'm 100% sure its because I rounded my back.... Drop your ass lower to the ground and lift... your back will SERIOUSLY thank you

Congratulations!!!

I have never done hard and intense deadlifts in which my back did not hurt. You don't get concerned when you legs get EXTREMELY sore after squats or when your chest gets extremely sore after bench press do you? You trained your back...it will get sore...it will recover bigger and stronger.

B True

yeah dude, after doing deads, I can barely walk out of the gym...

C-ditty

thanks guys. im getting everyone to give me some messages everyonce and awhile:)
ill do a bit of exercising on it.
how about crunchs?? i want to hit my abs and cavles tonight.

crunches are useless, isolation etc

doing hanging leg raises instead, but bend the leg and curl all the way up until your toes touch your hands

congrats on the PR - damn its getting crowded in the 405 zone :)

Last edited:
well i think im goign to do a bit of running.

coolcolj, my friend all he did was sit infront a tv for a year and do crunchs the hole time.

his abs look like a body builders abs when they are competting. but my friends abs are like this all year round.
and this helped him for jumping you can see how much comtrol he has in the air.

yeah I bet his abs don't help him in squats, olympic lifts and deadlifting :)

Must involve the hip flexors

Most trainees can't perform a correct leg lift secondary to weak rectus abdominus. Therefore they generate an impulse force at the bottom 1/3 posittion through the hip flexors.

Correct "abdominal" training for "back support" is through lumbar stabilitation. Learn how to train the transverse abdominus. It, along with the multifidus are the muscles that keep your spinal segments stable.

do a search on lumbar stab.

Good luck

Top Bottom