Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Final Plans for the Tulsa Meet!

AnimalMass1

Hey guys,

I don't necessarily need to be the ring leader, but I thought we would want to set some times to meet and weigh in and eat, etc.

Jim Gorrell told me on the phone he would be at the gym around 5pm to start taking weight, even though official weigh in isn't until 7pm. I thought we might all meet around 5:30 or so and weigh in, and then go eat somewhere and start rehydrating.

My wife and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Select just down the road. It seems like a nice hotel and ran me $69 through expedia.

Dave and Chris are staying with benchmonster.

That next morning we probably need to get there by 8:00-8:30 since the rulles will be gone over at 9:00. So we could go hit Shoneys breakfast bar or something like that around 6:30-7:00?

Just some thoughts. Let me know how your schedules look.

AnimalMass

You are more than welcome to be the ringleader Animalmass.

I will be there at 5:00 and will stick around till you guys get there on Friday for weigh ins. I will be making 220 (I hope) for probably the last time, so I might be a bit dehydrated and grouchy, till we get some food. We can go out and eat some place after that, there are tons of options in town.

As far as accomodations are concerned, anyone who wants to stay with me is welcome, but bring a pillow and sleeping bag with you. Thin, sexy, lady powerlifter types are welcome to share a bed with the monster, but lights out at 11:30, strictly enforced!!!

I don't think we have any Shoney's in town, but we have a ton of waffle houses and Denny's and there are some great Village Inn's to get a hearty breakfast at.

Anyone needing me for anything just post here, or call me at (918) 850-3198. I am going through my standard pre-meet freakout period this week, where I think I am weak and have no chance of either making weight, or getting in a single lift, so if I am a space cadet when you call, don't be surprised. I usually come out of this period the week of the meet. Lets hope so.

Best of luck to all competitors, and hope everyone's final workouts go well. Rest up for a great meet in T-town.

B.

As far as I know, we haven't finalized plans yet. Thanks for the info, AnimalMass. I'll mention this to the crew tonight, and see what we want to do.

Sounds good guys. Benchmonster, the Springfield crew will be there by 5:00pm as well, as we are all taking the day off from school and work.

I just figured 5:30 might make it easier for guys who don't get off work until 5:00, but you may be the only one who works a reg 8-5 job. (And the only actually in Tulsa)

AnimalMass

I plan to weigh-in on Saturday morning since my weight is a non-issue. I will be at the meet around 8:30 am. I look forward to seeing everyone and I should be able to help quite a bit with everyone's prep. I will be benching only, unfortunately. But, if I can hit a PR in the bench, I will be happy. Good luck to everyone. It's going to be a blast.

I'd like to be at the weigh in by 5PM, and the chances are slim (no pun intended) that I will make 181. I was 190 this morning.

Oh well... :)

Cool. So 5pm it is. Just remember, Jim could always be in a bad mood that day, or something could go wrong, or he could be late, and we might not be able to weigh in until closer to 7pm. He told me from his own lips that he would be there at 5pm, but I just didn't want to be responsible if something went wrong.

Spatts, you should be able to cut 9 pounds off.

Divide carbs in half every day for the last 3 days, and maybe take an herbal diuretic (taraxatone) 48 hours before weigh in. Just make sure all you lose is water, but at almost 200 lbs, it shouldn't be a problem. Then a carb load and lots of pedialite, gatorade, etc. will bloat you like nobody's business by Sat morn.

AnimalMass

spatts said:
I'd like to be at the weigh in by 5PM, and the chances are slim (no pun intended) that I will make 181. I was 190 this morning.

Oh well... :)

Spatts, if I can make 220 then you can make 181. I am as far out as you are. You have plenty of time to get down there.

When you get to the point that you are hallucinating from lack of calories and begin to think you are a hummingbird, then you know you are on the right track. I am just about there as I type this.

B.

Bench, you've been working in the QuickeeMart too long if you think your a hummingbird. :)

I think that I am going to skip this meet. That way I will be able to help out everyone. I am going to do one at my gym on the 16, a bench only. I will wait to do the full power meet until I have all the equipment I need. More than likely I will wait until Feb and do the one in Missouri. Hope everyone has a safe trip down and I'll see you guys either on Fri or Sat.

Spatts,
How tall are you? I'm lifting in the 181's in Tulsa and I'm 6'. Right now I look like an Ethiopian distance runner. Just curious if you're in my boat, and how your PR's are going.

Top Bottom