Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The endocrine question thread

The Red Dragon

I'm quite curious about this hormonal role in powerlifting. I've read studies that stated that 3-5 rep ranges induce a higher testosterone release whereas an 8-10 rep range will induce a somatotropin release (proportional to lactic acid synthesized). Anyone know anything about this or know if this is actually valid?

Plus what do testosterone and somatotropin do exactly, just accelerate protein synthesis? I always wondered how recruiting more fibers induces hormone releases, where do the hormones orginate and what exactly is the control mechanism?

Recent studies are now showing that both high and low reps cause similar releases in testosterone. Hgh relsease is proportional to the lactic acid buildup in a muscle. High reps AND short rest peroids are beneficial in that regard. So higher reps combined with short rest peroids between sets (supersets and stripping sets also come to mind here) give you a double whammy. The truth of the matter is, pretty much all of your larger bodybuilders train with much higher reps and shorter rest peroids than powerlifts and other strength athletes.

Top Bottom