Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

daily bicep curls

onealax

what do you guys think about doing daily basic bicep curls. I see old videos from the 80's and 90's of guys who say they just keep a dumbbell near them when they watch tv and do sets here and there. my arms have been lagging and i bought a couple 50 pounders, does anyone ever try this?

the biceps can be worked daily but only very little reps. you cannot pound them into the dirt more than twice a week and get far.

when you hear about people doing them while they are watching tv, that is just a way to offset the urge to snack or someone who is too fidgity to watch a movie or game for 2-3 hours at a time. there are also things like those ball squeezer things that you can use, or take up knitting if you need to do something and it helps prevent snacking. i will tie knots myself

I will do this every now and then. I go for a week. I will I will do three sets of 20-30 reps daily for a week- outside of my normal routine. The intent is to fill the muscle with blood.
IMO it works but your progress is limited. You can’t just keep doing it. I still do it occasionally on my weak body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This made me think of "curls for the girls", lol. Everyone wants the big biceps but honestly we train them all wrong. We focus too much on curls and isolation exercises vs the compound movements that can really promote growth.

The most common and best method of growing muscle is by tearing it down and rebuilding the muscle however this is not the only way.
Muscle will allow about 4 x the amount of blood to the muscle. This blood inflates the muscle
Tissue and provides nutrients and oxygen to the muscle while getting rid of the toxins.
This will result in muscle growth. Ochi and Schoenfeld ( among others) did some studies.
I favor the first method of tearing down the muscle and usually work the muscle 1-2 times per week, however I do have a place in my routines where I will work the same muscle each day for 3 sets of 20-30 reps for a week- except the actual day of the breakdown workout. I do not have MRI data of the actual results when the blood flow returns to normal but I do have in my head that it works to bring up lagging body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom