Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which brand AR-15?

Without CQB training your choice of arms is by far more critical to your success. You need something you can shoot well under stress / duress.
Schools like Thunder Ranch, or Gunsite would be my first recommendation.

I joined the forum to set some stuff straight in the post by someone asking why silencers were illegal, and noticed that it was 3 years old. So I'll just hold off on that post.

Anyway, looks like a neat forum, I'm looking to gain some muscle for this summer anyway, so I'll stick around.

As for the AR15 for home defense. I really suggest against using a .223 for home defense. .223 is a high velocity round, and will penetrate your walls, floors. Why risk it.

If you want an AR15 for home defense, go with a pistol caliber, such as 9mm. You can get frangible ammunition, which will more than likely disintegrate when striking a hard surface. Also, in close situations you don't really want to have a 16" barrel sticking
out there. A 9mm shooting through a 10" barrel will reach full velocity, and be relatively quiet, verses a .223 shooting through a 10" barrel, it still packs a punch, but you will go deaf from shooting it without protection. In fact, the muzzle blast produced from it would probably scare any intruder away by itself.

Most people prefer a shotgun or a pistol. For you it will be whatever you feel more comfortable with. Good luck. Read up.

I have an Armalite AR-180 Costa Mesa; semi-auto only, of course. Got it after the Clinton ban expired. Had to pay a plenty for it due to supply & demand. Clean serial number and NO PAPERS!!! I had an Uzi back in the 80s before the ban went in the first time. Wish I had kept it, but didn't want to register it and didn't want to get caught with it illegally either. Why do I need it? Because .223 Remington is the ONLY AMMO that WALMART STILL HAS IN STOCK! (And no, it's not kept in California.)

Charles

to answer the OPs question, I would definately say Colt. I have one and it is much better quality than other brands, More expensive, but the best one

to answer the OPs question, I would definately say Colt. I have one and it is much better quality than other brands, More expensive, but the best one

BullShit!

I have one built on a Stag lower, one Rock River Arms, and have messed with several Colts. If you taped over the names you'd not be able to tell the apart. Superior was making the Colt Lowers & Uppers for them. I don't know if they still are but you can buy from Superior directly. Money goes farther if you don't buy based on name alone.

BullShit!

I have one built on a Stag lower, one Rock River Arms, and have messed with several Colts. If you taped over the names you'd not be able to tell the apart. Superior was making the Colt Lowers & Uppers for them. I don't know if they still are but you can buy from Superior directly. Money goes farther if you don't buy based on name alone.
the quality is not immediate, but in how long it will last. Colt is the original and still makes the version that will have the best resale value.

Blasphemy! No one in their right mind would consider selling something like a treasured family heirloom. :D

When it comes to a working firearm, I have yet to see one wear out completely. In any brand. There are some piece that will need to be replaced, but even those, few people put enough downrange to see the failure.

Blasphemy! No one in their right mind would consider selling something like a treasured family heirloom. :D

When it comes to a working firearm, I have yet to see one wear out completely. In any brand. There are some piece that will need to be replaced, but even those, few people put enough downrange to see the failure.
colts will not wear out as quickly as other brands. Lasts longer until you have to start replacing parts

Top Bottom