Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding= arthritus?

nevertoobig

Bodybuilding can't be very good for the joints, when i looked at the overall health of bodybuilders compared to other people, they seemed to be much less flexible, and some had bad general fitness. However, muscle and bone density was better.

How healthy are BB? Are we just people who think we're fit because we look slightly better?

Pros cant be that healthy

After many doses of human growth hormone and roids pro bodybuilders have to be very unhealty individuals in my books. However is bodybuilding about health? I dont think so its about vanity. It is making looking good and art, sculpting the human body into something more than just flesh and bone.

About flexibility I think yes we do lose some flexibility but if u stretch alot as a routine u can overcome it. I remember seeing pics of Tom Platz with those huge overgrown legs and seeing him do full splits.

To keep ur flexibility keep stretching.

Where joints are concerned i remember reading an article about joint strengthing excercises being neglected by most bodybuilders. It was in a muscle and fitness mag the issues with Gunther on the front with a girl on his back.

Perhaps we would be better off training our tendons and stretching.

Bodybuilding is actually good for the joints. Of course injury is possible. But if you keep the weight realistic and the form good you can train most of your life without any problems. Most injuries occur because of our ego's and not because bb is bad for u.

Yes BBs do care

Yes BBs do care about their health but as i said pro bodybuilders certainly care less. The sides of using HGH are SERIOUS and after years of roids dont expect to have children. I think the pros would do anything to be bigger at the expense of personal health.

Again where joints are concerned ur training form is important certain movement put severe strain on joints like behind the neck movements. I have been told going heavy with behind the neck movements like military press behind the neck is hard on ur rotator cuffs.

Bodybuilding involves mostly anaerobic work so of course you won't get super fit. However, include some cardio and fitness will be better. As for suppleness, I have seen Flex Wheeler and Ernie Taylor both drop into the splits on stage. I can do the splits myself as I also have done martial arts for over 15 years.

Top Bottom