Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The average man/woman

Those number seem to more to based on the average guy that WORKS OUT. The average guy can't even do 20 push ups without getting winded...far less pullups

remember people lie about what they lift, I know a bunch of people who can all bench more than I can, or have cousins who can or who did back in high school.

I'd be very, very surprised if the average guy can do 10 pull-ups

even 5 seem way over the norm

yeah it doesent seem like those numbers are correct well atleast if there from america they dont seem correct. However that is interesting

I hope the average guy only lasts 14 seconds not min.

Heh, 14 minutes must include 13 minutes of foreplay :).

I think that the pullups and pushups are probably not full. Pushups probably from the knees and pullups assisted somehow. I don't know anyone over 50 who could do even one pullup who doesn't workout. As far as benching body weight, that is good if you don't workout much, but I think doing bodyweight 10 times is good if you workout, more if you workout a lot.

Micker said:
Heh, 14 minutes must include 13 minutes of foreplay :).

I think that the pullups and pushups are probably not full. Pushups probably from the knees and pullups assisted somehow. I don't know anyone over 50 who could do even one pullup who doesn't workout. As far as benching body weight, that is good if you don't workout much, but I think doing bodyweight 10 times is good if you workout, more if you workout a lot.
That's it, I'm crushed again. I can do bodyweight (~260 lbs) for 5 or 6 reps and it's taken a lot of work to get here.

There's a bench assessment calculator here which reflects others I've seen in similar vein:
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/bpress.htm

In high school my gym teacher told me the average man can do 5 chin-ups. He said anyone who can do 10 chin-ups has very good upper body strength.

Top Bottom