Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here do HST? "Hypertrophy Specific Training"

Lift Chief

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

been doing this for awhile... i like it quite a bit and have found it to be pretty effective. anyone else tried it?

it's basically doing your whole body every other day-- periodizing up from 2 weeks of 15 reps to 10 reps to 5 reps... the initial reaction might be negative becuase it's different than typical routines... but it is pretty well thought out.

8-12 reps
High volume training
Compound exercises
High intensity training: Supersets, Tri-sets, drop-sets, stripping method, etc...
Plenty of protein: 2-3 grs / lb of body weight
Arginine + Creatine (Amplify02 is a gr8 choice - PM OMEGA for details)

the_alcatraz said:
8-12 reps
High volume training
Compound exercises
High intensity training: Supersets, Tri-sets, drop-sets, stripping method, etc...
Plenty of protein: 2-3 grs / lb of body weight
Arginine + Creatine (Amplify02 is a gr8 choice - PM OMEGA for details)

huh?
He asked about HST.....

BTW, you show me one person who gets 3 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight... I promise NO ONE eats that much protein, clean or otherwise. That would be almost impossible for the average (or above average) person to process daily.

I can promise Ronnie Coleman doesnt even eat 1000 grams of Protein daily in the off season, that is 4000 Calories ONLY from protein. Even 1.5 grams per lb is challenging to eat. Do a fit day for a week and see how close you come to that for the full 7 days, let alone day in day out for months. It is really difficult without substantial conscious effort and meal planning. Shit Im only 173lbs right now and taking in about 250ish grams, and that is precontest (so reduced carb intake).

Not breaking your balls just saying what is reasonable to expect from someone. In addition even at 1.5-2g daily per lb, I would suggest regular blood tests to ensure proper kidney function and to make sure you're not simply pissing out protein. Couple HIGH protein intake with inadequate water intake and you are asking for serious problems. The body can only handle so much.

Top Bottom