Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your Relationship With Your Cell Phone

musclemom said:
I don't even own one of those :( I have a generic MP3 player that I'm burning my CDs to, but I won't download. Honestly, I frigging hate most personal electronic devices. Shit, I don't even like my computer very much when it gets down to it.

I had the first one that ever came out it was a black and white screen. I loved that thing but then it was breaking down and I took it to the Apple store and they told me that the generation of iPod I had was built different than the new ones and this was a common problem for them, DAMN! I had to go buy a new one. :)

Basikstylz said:
My phone is my lifeline. I don't have a home phone so its the only way to get a hold of me.

I am the type of person that always answers my phone no matter what time. If I hear it ring or beep I will answer it.(with the expection of being in class or in a movie.)

I always have my phone with me at the gym. My phone(Treo) has excel,word,powerpoint etc on it. So I use it to log my workouts as well as keep my daily food intake log. This way I have no excuse not to write down what I'm eating cuz my spreadsheet is always with me.

Not to mention the fact that if I'm out doing something and someone calls me to do something more fun I can go do it.

I also have AIM on my phone.

What can I say... I like to be accessible.

I would say about the only thing I don't really use my phone for is Internet and thats cuz I get irritated about how slow it moves.

What is that?

Smurfy said:
Ive never been a chatty person on the phone (or IRL). Im horrible about answering my cell (no land line here) and Im even worse about returning calls. Id rather talk to everyone via email.

I cant stand being on my phone in public (i wont talk on the phone while strangers listen to me, it makes me uncomfortable) I also get embarrassed even when my phone rings and Im at the grocery store or somewhere other people can hear it. something about using a cell phone or having one ring in public that i find disturbing. im horrified if someone else has to hear my phone ring for an extended time before I am able to locate it in my purse to silence the damn ringer. I dont know, it causes me anxiety. I dont understand how people can be so comfortable with it.

And I run a call center.

I think I'm in love. :heart: :heart:

My pet peeve is people interacting in public while on the phone, like ordering food or in a retail store checking out while on the phone. It's just plain rude.

The other day I had a run in with a jerkoff in line at Tim Horton's because he was next and in the middle of a conversation that he started while he was in the same line - and made the call, not answering one. The next cashier came up and he just stood there yapping so I walked past him and ordered my coffee.

He finished his conversation and I heard him complain to the girl behind the counter (as if she cared) that it was wrong of them to serve me first. As I walked by him I said quite loudly that he was an idiot for holding up a line because he couldn't wait five minutes to make a call. He actually had the audacity to glare at me. If it wasn't assault I would have thrown my coffee on him.

People in the gym I just laugh at. And I take their equipment if they are actually having a conversation.

People are way overboard with their own sense of self-importance today.

I LOVE my cell.

I do carry mine in the gym but only to communicate w/my children. Or if I am on the treadmill (I HATE cardio I will make my calls from it - gotta do something to kill the time, why not return calls?).

I prefer to text/email or talk on the phone. Anyone who knows me knows this. I don't know what it is about my talk-on-the-fone phobia but honestly I don't even know why we have a landline. I never answer it, even though I know the call is for me.

I never EVER engage in rude behaviors that are mentioned, like holding up a line or infringing on others while I am on the phone. I only speak at a level of audibility in the store while on the fone to the same level that I would be speaking if someone was standing next to me so why that would disturb another is beyond me.

I have GPS on my fone which is INVALUABLE - though you can't talk on the fone when using it. LOL

I love LOVE LOVE to text and take picture messages to keep in touch with family and friends, especially my children.

When I used to date I would put my phone on the table and tell my date that I would only answer it if it was my children and encouraged them to do the same. If it was ANYONE ELSE that fone didn't get answered or we were over. Sigh, one time this guy that I was seeing for couple months actually answered his blackberry while we were *cough* in the middle. He was NOT an emergency physician. I never saw him again after that.

Oh yea, and my hubby LOVES to call/text me like a gazillion times a day. And we have these absolutely ridiculous conversations - like something from a sketch on late night comedy TV - much like it is when we post up to each other here.

What can I say? We are wierd! And we are both WAY OLD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom