Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You guys ever worry about cardiovascular/general health?

if you do things right, you shouldn't have to worry. Bulking doesn't mean eating like shit and being sedentary outside of lifting. If you were to do cardio for your heart once a week while bulking, it would not significantly impact your gains. It would help keep your heart healthy while you add on significant amounts of mass though. That's a very important detail that many people overlook.

The risk of joint pain and injuries can be minimized if you lift with proper form, get plenty of rest, and use some sort of periodization scheme in your training. You can't train balls to the wall forever. I'm training DC style and I absolutely need to drop the intensity and go lighter for 2 weeks after 6 weeks of hard training. Otherwise my joints start to hurt, my strength starts to wane, and I start to hurt myself. It's different for everyone, but you gotta be in touch with your body and figure out what it needs.

I do now.

I'm 31 and weights has torn my joints apart.........not good.

My back is chronically fucked from weights.

Starting to regret it now unfortunately.

vinylgroover said:
I do now.

I'm 31 and weights has torn my joints apart.........not good.

My back is chronically fucked from weights.

Starting to regret it now unfortunately.

What was your training like? Did it vary much (as far as volume, intensity, frequency...not so much varying exercises)?

Bulldog_10 said:
What was your training like? Did it vary much (as far as volume, intensity, frequency...not so much varying exercises)?

I'e backed off somewhat on my lifts.........more interested in longevity now than personal bests.

I am looking to step up my cardiovascular training by cycling( a bike that is)again........i used to ride alot then backed off because it was stripping too much weight off me (although my legs were growing)

I don't use any machines at all now..........machines are a sure fire way to ruining joints, ligaments etc IMO

Of course I worry. I am in GOOD cardio shape, can jump, am pretty athletic, etc...
Clint%20jump%2002.jpg

Clint%20jump%2003.jpg

Find any Pro Athlete who does not have BAD aches and pains. My body hurts...a lot and often. You play the game, someday you are going to pay a little.

I have a choice...sit around and be a complete health nut or be happy with my life. I'll choose to be happy...

B True

b fold the truth said:
Of course I worry. I am in GOOD cardio shape, can jump, am pretty athletic, etc...
Clint%20jump%2002.jpg

Clint%20jump%2003.jpg

DAMN, are those jumps from the ground? Good vertical distance.

Working out over 22 years. 36 yrs old now.

No gear.

No aches or pains.

Don't do cardio specifically(my job takes care of that)

Don't eat a bb'er diet. I eat moderate protein, moderate complex carbs, plenty of raw fruits and veggies daily. 1-2 gallons filtered water daily. I sleep 7-9 hours daily. Only supps are vitamins and whey.

Bodyfat is currently around 8%. I'm not huge, but definitely look like a bb'er.

I plan on living to 100+ and be in 100% health the entire journey. Everything I do is geared towards being physically healthy.

PIGEON-RAT said:
if you do things right, you shouldn't have to worry. Bulking doesn't mean eating like shit and being sedentary outside of lifting. If you were to do cardio for your heart once a week while bulking, it would not significantly impact your gains. It would help keep your heart healthy while you add on significant amounts of mass though. That's a very important detail that many people overlook.

The risk of joint pain and injuries can be minimized if you lift with proper form, get plenty of rest, and use some sort of periodization scheme in your training. You can't train balls to the wall forever. I'm training DC style and I absolutely need to drop the intensity and go lighter for 2 weeks after 6 weeks of hard training. Otherwise my joints start to hurt, my strength starts to wane, and I start to hurt myself. It's different for everyone, but you gotta be in touch with your body and figure out what it needs.

Good post.

I care about my cardio health, I have to.

2 uncles died of heart attacks, both grandparents on one side died of heart attacks, my Dad has had one and without lifestyle changes will have another one. Heart disease is also on my mothers side.

I do some type of cardio all year round. One of the reasons I live the lifestyle I do is, I plan on breaking the chain in my family.

Top Bottom