Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

yet another ALA ?

ccc

IS there a general rule of thumb on how much to use in conjuction with the amount of carbs you are going to eat? For example, 30g carbs take 250mg ALA etc. Thanks

If you're going to take relatively low doses of it, then it doesn't really matter as much. It depends on why you are taking the ALA...for rapid fat loss via nutrient conversion to skeletal muscles and ketosis, then it does not matter as much. For the effects on blood glucose, then your dose is probably just fine give or take a couple hundred mg. Another authority on ALA believes to get the ketosis+carb conversion effect that you might have to push 1500 mg...upon closer examination, I am afraid that might mean PER MEAL. Scary.

Also, if anyone uses ALA continuously, it might be a good idea to measure the ketones with ketostix to see when you adapt to your dose. When you hit that dose it might be a good idea to cycle off and onto another fat burner of your choice for a few days. This is where things like green tea and the NYC stack may come into play. Someone else on here recommended taking a fat blocker in addition and this might be a good idea for the short term. There appears to no harm in doing high doses (in the realm of 2-3 grams a day) as long as you cycle it or take periodic breaks.

I've been my own guinea pig for most of this, as have been a few brave individuals, so it is not a rule set in stone.

Top Bottom