Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yates/schwarzenegger the debate

heavyduty-club

There are two types of bodybuilders who have had heated debates as to which bodybuilder/training method is the be all & end all. While i have spent sometime away from the gym getting back into the right gear has been extremly hard for me, mostly because i simply can't afford it. But what makes things even worse is the type of method i should go full steam ahead with. In truth i am a big fan of both Dorian Yates & Arnold Schwarzenegger, and that lead me into many obsessed months of research into each of there splits. Arnie has a massive fan base who believe he had the greatest physique of all time, his body was well advanced for the time and it flowed together like a river of muscle, but Dorian on the other hand was built like a fucking beast, strong and massive with grainy like detail, which encouraged guys like Branch Warren to follow simular princibles, mainly balls to the wall, heavy duty training. While Arnold would set the pace first with his method of very high volume and frequency, Dorian ushered in a very controversial style of low volume/less frequency. This is a debate that will not die, but maybe i can get help from you guys on what approach is best for a natty. Arnolds insane amount of volume or Dorians simple yet affective muscle building tactics?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding mobile app

Good question.

I don't know if natty or not is relevant.....depends on the individual, IMO

I think you are missing the bigger picture.
Arnold was a mild steroid user.
yates took tons and tons.

You will find that any respectable workout plus a good diet and good gear will work wonders. None of them have to be amazing as long as all 3 are good.

Back in those days, you stopped juicing at different periods. Now it's a year round marathon. I just saw a pic of Arnold next to Coleman. Both looked good, but Arnold actually has a physique that could be attainable and is more desirable by normal standards and he was 235lbs. Compared to Coleman @ 305.

I think you are missing the bigger picture.
Arnold was a mild steroid user.
yates took tons and tons.

You will find that any respectable workout plus a good diet and good gear will work wonders. None of them have to be amazing as long as all 3 are good.

from Yates interviews he said he generally only used about 1g of total aas at any one time and saw no extra benefits on more. 6-8iu of gh and supposedly only used slin once and found it had a negative impact on his physique.

I think you probably have to try both methods and see which one you respond best too. Perhaps a combination of the 2 may even be best for you. To some degree it really will depend on your individual response.

Interesting sidenote: I'm "Facebook friends" with a guy that spent quite a bit of time around Arnold in his Mr. Olympia heyday. He's an author that many of you that read the mags in the 90s and 00s would probably recognize. He has a lot of Arnold anecdotes. He's aware of the drug programs the best known guys of that era were on, Arnold, Zane, etc., he trained with them, hung out with them, all that, still knows some of the guys.

Said that when he wasn't getting ready for a contest Arnold's training program consisted of...well, nothing. No drugs and he didn't train that hard. Very little direct arm training for instance until 3 months before a contest.

From what I've heard Arnold say in interviews as of late, he does pretty moderate volume now. 45 minutes to an hour a few times a week.

I guess what I'm getting at is it may be hard to quantify exactly what a 70s-80s Arnold program should even look like. But I did see this video on YouTube recently, and I can tell you that there is a TON of great anecdotal information in it, it's sort of like watching Babe Ruth explaining the mindset of hitting a baseball, except that Arnold is even more important to bodybuilding than Ruth was to baseball and he's also a lot more well spoken.

Top Bottom