Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Writer's Block, any writers here?

westsnoop said:
There are no new stories, but myriad ways to make old ones fresh. Take an old story and turn it upside down, and turn it inside out. A fresh eye.
For example, why did the Lone Ranger use silver bullets? How about a story about the Lone Ranger as an western werewolf hunter?
You can do it with any genre.

This is how bad movies get made... not because o the story or the idea per se, but more because of the execution of the filmakers...

The Ejaculator said:
I always motivated myself by putting my nuts in a vice... 'You write that book, bitch, or I will crush your nuts'

LOL

Pick up a copy of "Becoming a Writer" by Dorothea Brande. That helps immensely. As well, find the source for your inspiration. For me, it's certain music that creates imagery, and I go with it. After a bit of that, it's a creative avalanche.

Free writing and/or writing exercises

I used to find poetry and figure out what it meant to me and write about an experience that supports the meaning of the poem.

What are you writing?

chaos mage said:
Ever try salvia?

no, Salvia divinorum? tell us about it?

and what are you writing? memoirs of life in a turkish home for orphans?

Becoming said:
This is how bad movies get made... not because o the story or the idea per se, but more because of the execution of the filmakers...

It's also how great movies get made...witness "Jaws". A simplistic story told extremely well. (Execution was perfect, probably more by accident than design. The mechanical problems with the shark limited it's screen time, so when the shark finally did show up the audience asscociated the ocean itself with fear.)
When was the last time you saw a genuinely NEW story? Bet if you think you've found one I can find it's literary parents.

westsnoop said:
It's also how great movies get made...witness "Jaws". A simplistic story told extremely well. (Execution was perfect, probably more by accident than design. The mechanical problems with the shark limited it's screen time, so when the shark finally did show up the audience asscociated the ocean itself with fear.)
When was the last time you saw a genuinely NEW story? Bet if you think you've found one I can find it's literary parents.

Pink Flamingos

Becoming said:
no, Salvia divinorum? tell us about it?

and what are you writing? memoirs of life in a turkish home for orphans?

LOL. Mostly short stories, musings, etc. This salvia stuff is an entheogen that's still legal, look at this

I'm going to try it out. Not big into hallucinogens, but its effects vary greatly it seems from person to person.

Top Bottom