Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

would it be sensible...

SAGAT

to only use the core lifts in your workouts? even after many years of training? i've been thinking about that today. anyone ever done this? good/bad experiences? just a thought i had...

I keep things pretty basic in my routines. My definition of basic might be a little different than others though...

B True

well i suppose you can't get any more basic than deadlifting cars :D but of course if you have any suggestions i'm all ears!
but what i had in mind was solely focusing on bench/deads/squats (maybe some dips or pullups added to that) in training. i'm looking for people that have done something similar..how often did you train per week this way? pros/cons?

I think that everyone should focus their training around these exercises:

Squats
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Bench Press
Standing Overhead Press
Barbell Curl
Close Grip Bench

B True

My routine focuses around and basically IS the following:

Squats (front & Reg)
Deads
Clean and press/push press (bar and DB`s)
Incline DB press / flat DB press
Dips
Chins
Rows
Standing calf raises on a block, one leg at a time holding a DB on the side I am working.

I do very little direct arm work, no direct ab work and no iso moves for my delts or pecs or for any muscle group for that fact. I workout every other day. I have been doing this for the past several years and feel all my bases are covered. I will periodically or whenever the feeling moves me, utilize different principals like rest/pause, low reps / high reps, super set opposing muscle groups, etc. etc., but it always is around the exercises listed above.

Pump on .....

Last edited:
sounds interesting...do you do all those exercises in one workout day? or do you split it in an upper/lower day or something along those lines?

SAGAT said:
sounds interesting...do you do all those exercises in one workout day? or do you split it in an upper/lower day or something along those lines?
I split it up bro. For example......
Monday.... chest and back. (bodybuilding style workout)
Wednesday.......Full body moves: Clean and press pyramiding to clean and push press and deadlifts. (moderate heavy to heavy power day)
Saturday is legs. (BB`ing and power)

I am of the low volume camp. I hit em hard with all I got for 3 - 5 sets and I`m done. As far as direct arm work .... I will usually do a set or two on my off days and sometimes on my training days. Basically I do arms whenever I feel like usually once every 4 or 5th day.

Of course this workout can change 1 - 2 months from now. I may switch certains things around a lil here and a lil there but its always utilizing the same lifts.

Pump on .....

sounds interesting enough to try...i'll limit my exercise list to those listed and see what it does for me. thanks!

SAGAT said:
sounds interesting enough to try...i'll limit my exercise list to those listed and see what it does for me. thanks!
Well Bro..... if thats you in your avatar.....whatever it is you are currently doing is defintely working dude !!!

Pump on .....

Top Bottom