Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout Regimen

Mike Pike

OK, i know there are some really intelligent people on the board, and some not so smart ones. I would appreciate it if the mods or some intelligent people would help me out. Ok heres my problem, I am not sure how many times a week to do each bodypart. I am 17 years old about 170 pounds and juice free. I am doing once a week for each bodypart right now, except abs, everyday. I notice that when I used to do each bodypart 2 a week I got a lot more definition, but i heard only 1 a week is what you need for growth. Anyone have an idea on this ? Thanks a lot

I firmly believe that once a week is optimal. It varies by individual though. I overtrain big time if I go any more than once a week per muscle group. They don't grow until you rack the weight and leave the gym. And abs are no different. Training them everyday is overtraining tham majorly. Once a week, twice at most, is ample stimulus. They're just like any other muscle. Would you train chest everyday...I hope not. Treat your abs the same way. If you hit a muscle group with maximum intensity once per week should be optimal for recovery and hypertrophy.

i would suggest training eahc musclegroup once a week. Yet keep in mind that if you are going to train the muscle only once a week than you have to hit that muscle really hard on the day that you train it. Don't forget that rest is just as important as lifting. The majority of people who have problems seeing gains are the ones that are overtraining. Here's my split:

day 1=back/abs
day 2=chest
day 3=bis/tris/abs
day 4=shoulders/forearms
day 5=legs/abs

I do it on a rotating 3 days on 1 day off than 2 days on 1 day off. On my days off I eat like a pig. Cardio at least twice a week depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Top Bottom