Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women and "bulky" muscles- a quote

HeavyDutyGuy

From Fred Fornicola of cyberpump.
"When I met my wife 12 years ago she aked me to teach her how to train, so I did. I taught her to work hard, brief and NEVER say die and she still trains that way today. Almost 40 years of age she still is working hard and brief and looks FANTASTIC (pretty awesome in a bikini I might add). We usually train alone and I don't inerfere with her workouts and she occassionally spots me when I need one but this morning I suggested that I put her through a session. She agreed and this is how it went:

slight warm-up then

Romain DL, it was a new exercise for her so we didn't even count reps, just worked on form but when she neared failure I had her pause at the top for 3 seconds then do another rep, she then paused for 5 seconds and got another, 10 seconds another then 20 seconds and another then she was done. She then went right into ball squats for about a dozen reps then I made her do a wall sit with extra weight on her lap for 15 seconds.
Next was lateral raises to failure then we immediately did manual raises with longer negs and contracted holds.
She then did 1 arm rows, close grip bench with 2 3/8 in bar, curl grip pulldowns with 5 second contraction holds on the last 2 reps. All these were done to failure for 1 set. She finished up with crunches lying on one of those huge plyo balls. I think it took 18 minutes. My wifes a tiny thing (about 5;3" 107 lbs), has great body (abs especially) and I'm proud of her efforts each and every day in AND out of the gym.

Just wanted to share,

FF "

If you women still have any thoughts you will get "bulky" I hope this cures it.

And a follow up.....

"FIrst of all, my wife has a tremendous desire to accomplish things and she would NEVER let anything beat her. It takes a certain "attitude" to train hard and she happens to have a good one towards working hard. Before I started training her she had gone through the "aerobics" style of getting in shape and quickly realized it wasn't getting her the results she wanted. She had seen me workout and new that what I was going to put her through would be the same rigorous training (she actually kicked her brothers butt who wussed out early in the workouts) and she trusted me. I taught her proper form, the exercises and to use a high level of intensity but she developed the commitment and desire on her own.

Most women don't have the genetic ability to look like those freaky women on the cover of the mags, hell 99% of the guys can't look like those women. When a woman says she wants to be TONE or asks me if she'll get muscles when she works out I tell them they have 2 choices: they can have muscle or they can have fat, the choice is theirs.

FF "

great post, HDGuy...
and so true. Many women have tried the 'aerobic style' of getting in shape and not achieved desired results. Weight training is the only way to reshape the body.
This would be great posted on women's board- perhaps more women will see it- any chance you would post over there also?
thanks for the info!

Top Bottom