Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why is it the media only shows the hippy anti war protestors now?

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
anyone else find this irritating?

everyt time the news shows a demonstration its either

a) some dude in a beard chanting
b) a woman talking about how war is only something 'men do'
c) a 18-21 year old girl shouting how every war is bad, evil and unjust (usually a very attractive 18-21yr old :D)

and what bugs me is when the people are interviewed the number one reason they give is 'bush has blair by the balls etc etc etc' or words to that effect.

fine, i know its part of the reason im annoyed (the fact we;re pressing ahead even though the US timeline to war isn't in our parliments judgement the best one)....

but why not actually get members of the public on the TV screens mentioning a few more factual pieces of information, or at least not filling the screens with the sterotypes of the pople against this war....

maybe im just gettng paranoid here.....but the only time you ever see this kind of stuff presented in half decent way is unscripted TV debate as opposed to 'news' reports

The media doesn't want you see the millions of "regular" people protesting...they would rather have you believe only outcasts are protesting...POINK believes this too......

danielson said:
anyone else find this irritating?

everyt time the news shows a demonstration its either

a) some dude in a beard chanting
b) a woman talking about how war is only something 'men do'
c) a 18-21 year old girl shouting how every war is bad, evil and unjust (usually a very attractive 18-21yr old :D)

and what bugs me is when the people are interviewed the number one reason they give is 'bush has blair by the balls etc etc etc' or words to that effect.

fine, i know its part of the reason im annoyed (the fact we;re pressing ahead even though the US timeline to war isn't in our parliments judgement the best one)....

but why not actually get members of the public on the TV screens mentioning a few more factual pieces of information, or at least not filling the screens with the sterotypes of the pople against this war....

maybe im just gettng paranoid here.....but the only time you ever see this kind of stuff presented in half decent way is unscripted TV debate as opposed to 'news' reports

Absolutely....I noticed this too.. You only see the anti-war view as morally wrong, but there is also a logical reason why this war is wrong. Thats why you get shown peace lovers that are obsessed with saving trees and shit instead of the average person.

Yes Poink is very good at being influenced by the mainstream media dare i say to the point of sounding brainwashed. I hope this comment is not taken as in insult or used to accuse me of being Unamerican.

The thing i noticed is just like Danielson said, the people shown in the portests are people i would have nothing to do with, that type of portrayal legitimases the war effort and makes those with a different opinion seem like quacks.

Top Bottom