Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why does ZMA affect sleep and dreams?

smokinghawk

It's something a lot of people have testistified on: taking ZMA before bed improves their sleep, but also provokes some remarkable dreams.

Why? What part of ZMA would have that effect?

Magnesium is an NMDA receptor antagonist, so it could aid sleep in that way.

And, significant antagonism of the NMDA receptor (such as with high dose DXM), has some crazy effects on dreams (you can actually dream while you are awake, if you close your eyes.)

I've taken Zn pill w/o noticing the "sleep-and-dream" effect

Par, how much Mg should you take to have this effect?
And do you have to take this Mg pill alone (I mean w/o Ca) ?

Anthrax said:
I've taken Zn pill w/o noticing the "sleep-and-dream" effect

Par, how much Mg should you take to have this effect?
And do you have to take this Mg pill alone (I mean w/o Ca) ?

I really have no idea about either.

Overall its probably quiet synergetic - they all effect sleep &dream function somewhat - while magnesium most likely does as Par states, it also marks a significant improvement in sleep efficiency in insomniac's. The Zinc increases REM-sleep, and promotes immune health and tissue recovery in delta sleep. Also, I have read that combined with the B-6, Zinc can produce some psychodynamic reactions in the brain (ie.. enhanced dream recall).

Interesting y'all,

Melatonin has provided me with some widescreen, technicolor nightmares vibrating with hallucinogenic clarity when taking more than 2mg. Anyone else notice this? Also I've got up in the night for a piss and there's been a lot of visual effects going on. It does make me sleep soundly though, I'll put up with a bit of 4am tripping for that.

There are a few reasons.

First, vitamin B6 is a persecutor of melatonin. Second, magnesium is a central nervous system relaxant and helps calm down the body.

It's not a sleep aid product, per say, but it indirectly will help promote deep and restful sleep. If you are looking for a product that will specifically help you sleep, I recommend n2sleep from n2bm.com.

Top Bottom